Tech 21 PSA-1.1

neverpurify

May 24, 2004
I had a PSA-1 about 2 years ago and ended up trading it. Lately though I have been thinking about getting another one to use with impulses because I'm pretty much burned out on my PODxt. Has anyone tried the 1.1 version? I'm about the changes if any...

I've heard some BRUTAL tones from a PSA-1, but you really have to be open minded, willing to be original. Not gonna get those "ideal/classic" sounds everyone tries to mimic off records.

EDIT: Sorry, doesn't really answer your question though! :(

From the soundsamples I have heard of these units online I always got the idea they were not that good sounding (really fizzy) when recorded direct, much worse than Pod XT.

Most direct samples I've heard from them is using the crappy speaker sim onboard. I bet it's a million times better with decent impulses or guitar rig or something, and at a later date a good power amp and cab gives you a much better "real" amp than amping up a pod! Good luck with it dude :)

Most direct samples I've heard from them is using the crappy speaker sim onboard. I bet it's a million times better with decent impulses or guitar rig or something, and at a later date a good power amp and cab gives you a much better "real" amp than amping up a pod! Good luck with it dude :)

I've been using mine with the keifer impulses and it slays. Going to use it opposite of my rockmaster which I also use with the impulses should kick ass

thought richard used like 6 triple recs or something?
god knows!
great sound whatever it is