Sansamp RBI vs PSA-1.1

Urgul

Jun 6, 2007
Poland
www.soundclick.com
Hi,

I am going to buy some bass preamp and I thought about Sansamp RBI. I've heard a lot of good things about it... but... I have a chance to buy used PSA-1.1 cheap (almost a half price of the new one). Do you guys think that PSA-1.1 would be as good for bass recordings as RBI (or maybe better)?
Is it worth buying PSA-1.1 instead of RBI? Help, please :worship:

Are you sure? I've read lots of opinions that RBI is better for bass recordings (on gearslutz mainly). PSA is great, but lot of people say that RBI is better... Have you tested both preamps?
Is it worth to pay extra cash for RBI to have mids knob anyway?
And I've read that RBI is worse sounding than pedal version. Are there any tests that corroborate it? I know it has been said 1000 times but I would like to hear the differences and not only read about them :loco:

I've tried only the psa1, with bass is very good sounding... and you have also a good guitar pre that can be useful...

My PSA1.1 absolutely slays for bass tones, although I have never tried any of the others so I have no credibility in the issue. However, the PSA would be a better buy just by logic, since it can do guitars aswell and cost about the same (if you get one used).

Are you sure? I've read lots of opinions that RBI is better for bass recordings (on gearslutz mainly). PSA is great, but lot of people say that RBI is better... Have you tested both preamps?
Is it worth to pay extra cash for RBI to have mids knob anyway?
And I've read that RBI is worse sounding than pedal version. Are there any tests that corroborate it? I know it has been said 1000 times but I would like to hear the differences and not only read about them :loco:

Yeah i tried both, and psa kicks rbi ass, you don´t need the extra mid knobs, psa have plenty of them, also, psa is more versatile, you can get tons of tones and with the Rbi you are limited and as the other guys say, you`ll have a bass and guitar preamp, if you can grab it cheap go for it.