Wicked Minds - From The Purple Skies

IOfTheStorm

Gogol Bordello
Mar 28, 2002
Athens-Greece
www.monolith.gr
wickedminds.jpg

I made this thread some hours before UM'S crucifixion (and revival) so it was gone, but weep no more, because here it is again:
So this italian band is driving me crazy. They produce incredible hard rock art, heavily influenced by Uriah Heep, Deep Purple (and a liiiiiitle bit Hawkwind). Its like Witchcraft in terms of delivering the 70s feeling to our days (W.M. dont have that retro production), BUT: Wicked Minds are mainly based on keyboards/hammond (even though they do have a lot of ass kicking riffs), the guitar is mainly on a "rythm" role. They can make you headbang when they speed up, or travel you to another planet when their music becomes space-y, and wanders through the universe. Magical songs, unbeatable 70s atmosphere, colourful and soulful music with tons of emotion.
The album has also 2 covers (Pentagram - Forever My Queen.. and Uriah Heep - Gypsy)
Listen to this :
http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=35IZ9C6HVJ7U90KKKN8L6P40IQ
and cry.

:worship:

man, I was gonna post a thread if I didn't see another one resurface, because UM eating this post was AN UTTER SHAME

right after your last thread I immediately tracked down mp3s and have been listening to this album all I can since then

completely awesome. The heavy use of keyboards is still totally tasteful, love that hammond.

I've been trying to find a place to order it but not yet successful... :err: