Wicked ZZ

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Wicked, you have to see ZZ Top on this Tour, it appears it will be their last..
Tickets go on sale for The St. Helens, OR show on 7.8.04, yeah they will be in Oregon twice in a little over a month! The will also be in Kennewick, WA & Puyallup, WA. I will hit the one in St. Helens too I suppose. I don't know about the Washington gigs?
Don't forget June 8th...
ZZ Top-Rancho Texicano
June 15th...
Grst Hts-The Videos on DVD!
Just a warning. It appears that Cross Canadian Rag Weed will be the opening band for the "west" leg of the tour...
What a shit band they are...:ill:

I hadn't heard about this...ZZ Top hanging it up? Well, the Top is coming to KY this summer for the state fair (not sure the date but I've seen the banners up at the stadium). Maybe I'll check 'em out in honor of my brother the Swine. I have seen them twice...once on the Afterburner and once on the Recycler (was that the album?) tour with the Black Crowes opening. Great show. Can't believe they're saying "farewell", though.

Yeah, I have a buddy that's tight with Bill Narum & he's the webmaster of their site.
Anyway, they are hitting all these obscure places that they haven't hit since their early days. They are making sure to give all a chance that wanna see them, to see them. Billy Gibbons has been looking to branch out, he's done stuff with Kid Rock & John Mayhall recently & he wants to put out "official" solo records. Basically all records, since the Eliminator disc have been Billy G solo discs. He does all the guitar tracks, about 90% of the bass tracks & even does the drums tracks! He just has the band come in when needed. They don't get along & infact don't even talk until they get together to record their parts on a record. I'm excited to see Billy G do a full out blues record, they did this great crunchy version of "Stop Breakin' Down Blues" at a club in Houston a number of years back. For those that are fans there's this record by Rainer & Das Combo, Gibbons plays under the name "Justis Walkert" he plays on a couple of tracks, the one that kills is a track called "Powder Keg." Also, Gibbons did some recording with Johnny Cash, during the various Def American sessions. The stuff is out there, but Bill Ham, their manager will not confirm or deny it happened. I'd kill to hear some of that shit. It's probably as lifeless as Cash's carcass, but when you're a fan, you wanna hear that shit.

Greeno said:
:lol: You really believe that Six?!!
Yes, unlike some bands they know when to call it a career.
How many bands do you know about that have kept the original line up for
30 years?! No one has died due to an O.D., they haven't been asked to leave & then returned?! I'd like to use Rush as another example, but Peart isn't the original drummer, so fuck 'em!:p
They are at the end of their RCA contract, they owe the label one more record, that will probably not promote, either a Live disc or a compilation from the RCA years & then their done...

I just took a took at the prices for their San Diego show in September.....$100. Ouch. I'm really gonna have to think about that one, despite my love for ZZ Top.

sixxswine said:
Yeah, I have a buddy that's tight with Bill Narum & he's the webmaster of their site.
Anyway, they are hitting all these obscure places that they haven't hit since their early days. They are making sure to give all a chance that wanna see them, to see them. Billy Gibbons has been looking to branch out, he's done stuff with Kid Rock & John Mayhall recently & he wants to put out "official" solo records. Basically all records, since the Eliminator disc have been Billy G solo discs. He does all the guitar tracks, about 90% of the bass tracks & even does the drums tracks! He just has the band come in when needed. They don't get along & infact don't even talk until they get together to record their parts on a record. I'm excited to see Billy G do a full out blues record, they did this great crunchy version of "Stop Breakin' Down Blues" at a club in Houston a number of years back. For those that are fans there's this record by Rainer & Das Combo, Gibbons plays under the name "Justis Walkert" he plays on a couple of tracks, the one that kills is a track called "Powder Keg." Also, Gibbons did some recording with Johnny Cash, during the various Def American sessions. The stuff is out there, but Bill Ham, their manager will not confirm or deny it happened. I'd kill to hear some of that shit. It's probably as lifeless as Cash's carcass, but when you're a fan, you wanna hear that shit.

Hey thanks for the info 6. I love old style ZZ blues. I'll have to check this out. Sounds like its is great!

I guess theres not a chance of seeing the mighty ZZ here in Europe again is there? I saw them in I believe 80/81 at the Pink Pop festival here in Holland. What a cool band. I have their sixpack cd set and it simply rules.

Hawk said:
Hey thanks for the info 6. I love old style ZZ blues. I'll have to check this out. Sounds like its is great!

I guess theres not a chance of seeing the mighty ZZ here in Europe again is there? I saw them in I believe 80/81 at the Pink Pop festival here in Holland. What a cool band. I have their sixpack cd set and it simply rules.
I have hear they will do a tour of Europe in the fall...
Keep your fingers crossed, they will probably make it,
they are doing extensive touring this time & covering a
lot of ground...
Six Pack is great, though a lot of the purists have complained about the mixes... Oh well. You should try to pick up "Rancho Texicano" it's the best of the box. They have done a great job with the remastering of those tracks.
One of my all time favorite ZZ Tracks is "It's Only love"
I Also dig "Mexican Blackbird."
And "Nasty Dogs & Funky Kings."
I hope they mix it up a bit, as far, as the setlist.
I'd really like to know what's in the name...
People have speculated that it has something to do with
rolling papers "Zig Zag" & "Top," Gibbons isn't saying...
He used to roll his own smokes, when he couldn't find any lucky strikes.
That seems just to simply, though...

Hawk,
One of my bud's best friends runs this site,
guy is from Sweden, his site is better than the official site...
www.zztop.nu/
their official site...
www.zztop.com/
it's in sad shape.
Bill Narum isn't updating it too often.
I would suggest you go on the
"The Scrawl Board" and read some of the comments
by the "fans." You might get a kick out of reading their mindless
ramblings... Don't judge other ZZ Top fans by nonsense...

Hawk,
One of my bud's best friends runs this site,
guy is from Sweden, his site is better than the official site...
www.zztop.nu/
their official site...
www.zztop.com/
it's in sad shape.
Bill Narum isn't updating it too often.
I would suggest you go on the
"The Scrawl Board" and read some of the comments
by the "fans." You might get a kick out of reading their mindless
ramblings... Don't judge other ZZ Top fans by nonsense...

Thanks 6 I'll check out the package you recommended. I will be great to see them in Europe. I hope though that the prices are not as steep as in the US.

If you say that their message board sucks, than thats all I need to know. I trust you on this buddy :)

Hawk said:
Thanks 6 I'll check out the package you recommended. I will be great to see them in Europe. I hope though that the prices are not as steep as in the US.

If you say that their message board sucks, than thats all I need to know. I trust you on this buddy :)
Yeah, I'll give you a snippet.
Most are something like this:
"I saw you boyz on the Eliminator tour. When are Y'all
playing[insert city here] again? I would reely like to see you again."

No joke & that they type of stuff & they "really" spell it "reely.":erk:

sixxswine said:
Yeah, I'll give you a snippet.
Most are something like this:
"I saw you boyz on the Eliminator tour. When are Y'all
playing[insert city here] again? I would reely like to see you again."

No joke & that they type of stuff & they "really" spell it "reely.":erk:
:lol: O wait, you said no joke. Sorry 6.

Seriously though, I have seen what they call a message board. Reading that shit I started to doubt the scientific priciple of natural selection. Can you spell bunch of inbreds?? Sure *you* can but they will not be able to do that in a 100 years!

ZZ rocks though nothing in the world can change that.

I guess I'll have to check out the KY state fair too. I sure wouldn't mind seeing them.

I love ZZ....They awaked (erm, or is it awoke ??) my love for custom cars, I have the "gimme" video on the computer and really play it weekly, really, gives me chills everytime. Anyone has a cheap Ford 3 window rod for sale :loco: ?? here is Bill's latest ride
gibbons.jpg

and the awesome Cadzzilla
Copie%20de%20cad1.gif

and if there's still any retard that doesn't know this one... the 3 window coupe...
ford33.gif