WIDOW - Life's Blood

Claus / Intromental

20 years of uniting the powers of metal
NEW ALBUM "LIFE'S BLOOD" IN STORES 11-11-11 ON PURE STEEL RECORDS

Fancy on melodic Power Metal from the United States? Then you will be fan of WIDOW! Founded in 2000 in North Carolina, the band has released three albums: "Midnight Strikes" (2003), "On Fire" (2005) and "Nightlife" (2007). Their new work "Life's Blood" is the first WIDOW album, which will be released through Pure Steel Records.

Pure Steel Records and WIDOW have just unveiled a special promotional trailer for the new album. Check it out HERE

http://youtu.be/Cy5zqDqIFns

On the twelve tracks you'll get a great mixture of fresh heaviness and enthralling melodies. The inclined listener will hit more than a smell of NWoBHM, of course together with some well-known North American Bands, but never forgetting the European origins. Sometimes the guys pound through sublime mid-tempo areas ("Embrace It" and "Behind The Light"), a bit faster they get by twin-guitar-orgies such as "Take Hold Of The Night", "The Burning Ones" or the last song "The One I Know". Of course they also offer some calm parts, with the songs "Another Fallen Angel" and "In Dreams". The production is powerful yet traditional , so you can expect a bold sound, without faceless sterile prodcution.

The clear, very outstanding vocals, which are sometimes a bit emotional too, fits perfect to the majestic twin-guitar-leads, so no follower of this genre will be disappointed! In short: WIDOW is North American Power Metal.

TRACKLISTING

1. Lady Twilight

2. In Dreams

3. Take Hold of the Night

4. Another Fallen Angel

5. Embrace it

6. Behind the Light

7. The Burning Ones

8. Live Beyond

9 Judgment Day

10. I Scream for Ice Queen

11. Remembering

12. The one I know

Total Playing Time: 48:12 min

Doesn't hurt that these are guys are really cool cats to hang out with, either.

Thank you for sharing that, Justin! The album indeed is amazing. Keep your eyes out for some awesome Widow news in the next few weeks-months. :D

I listened to a few songs from the website and it sounds excellent. Real good traditional HM.

Is there another band of the same name? Cause I remember a Widow band with a female singer and some aggressive vox as well, which I disliked.

This Widow is really good.

Cool, I'll have to check this out. Their set during the mini-tour last summer was great, and I picked up I think a reissue of Midnight Srikes with a bonus disc and some new tracks or something. Talked to the guitarist and bassist a little at their merch table too, cool guys.

I listened to a few songs from the website and it sounds excellent. Real good traditional HM.

Is there another band of the same name? Cause I remember a Widow band with a female singer and some aggressive vox as well, which I disliked.

This Widow is really good.

Believe you are thinking of Black Widow from Maryland (another very common name and not to be confused with the mighty Italian band of the same name) And there have been several Widows before; notably the NWOBHM that later changed their name to Ritual (not to be confused with the death metal Ritual or the NJ band from the 80s that we re-released)

The Widow album is really good but that was no surprise. Raleigh has a lot of really good bands but it will take most people a while to get hip to that like it did with Widow.
People in NC should get out to check out some of the local scene I believe that they might just be surprised.

Oh and come out to these shows this weekend, there will be a lot of metal.

http://www.facebook.com/showlogicproductions

As good as the album is, until you see them live you can't really appreciate their talent. In a live setting they are just plain awesome!!! And some of the nicest kids to hang out with, and so humble and gracious. They did a show here in El Paso and won ove the crowd on the first song, so much so the club owner wants them back when they are out this way again.

Widow will forever hold a special place in my metal heart. Proud to have worked with them on a couple Pathfinder Shows and looking forward to working with them every chance I'll ever get in the future.

I foresee this album spinning for months in my car, laptop, stereo, etc.