will 2015 bring a new Wolverine album?

digitalrika

New Metal Member
Jan 6, 2015
I understand that at least some of the band members have done as many as 5, maybe 6 demos. Wolverine is certainly one of my favorite bands and I hope the time between Communication Lost and a new one means that it's really gonna be epic. it should be. they've grown so much since Fervent Dream. could we have some news please Stefan?

any Riverside fans?

cheers.....dr

I hope so too. Communication Lost was brilliant. I'm not sure there will be any releases this year, though. Seems there is still some work to do on the songwriting, and as we know a Wolverine song/album isn't an easy task.

And yes, I love Riverside :) They're entering the studio in March, did you know?

Communication Lost was #1 of 2011 for me personally. I appreciate the time they put into their music. I'm a huge fan. I think a band like Wolverine is much more accessible whereas others try to take the technical aspect too far. a lot of it just goes right over my head :yow:. I feel like I have to be one of the smartest people in the world to even get it.

no, I didn't know Riverside was working on a new one. thanx for the heads up. what about Green Carnation? are they even together anymore?

cheers....dr

Yeah, Wolverine are excellent songwriters. And combined with all the moods and atmospheres, there are some very strong vocal melodies, too. They are professional, and a quite underrated band.

Riverside's new album will be titled "Love, Fear and the Time Machine", and will be released in August/September.

From their Facebook page:

"Love, Fear and the Time Machine" - this is the title of the sixth Riverside album. The band have just finished composing the new material.

"Our sixth album, six words in the title, sixty minutes of new music, that's about how long the new release will be. And we won't be playing hard rock any more", Mariusz Duda laughs. "There will be many more melodies dressed in completely different shades. We're changing and evolving as a band, we're growing up but most of all we want to keep recording different albums which are simply great to listen to. And the new one will be like a deep breath of fresh air, very different to what we'd done before."

"Love, fear and the times that have shaped us have the biggest influence on our life choices. The lyrics will be about everything that pushes us to make the most important decisions in our life."

The band are going to start recording the new material in March and it will be possible to follow the progress of their work on a special Instagram profile (www.instagram.com/riversideband.pl) The album will be released in August/September 2015 and some of the new songs will be played at this year's summer festivals. More information will follow soon…

Don't know anything about Green Carnation.

Don't know anything about Green Carnation.

meaning you don't know the band or just not what happened with them? if, you don't know em, they're Norwegian. started out mostly death metalish to prog metal 1st two albums and kinda steered away from the heavier stuff after that. they basically split up in 2007 but announced early last year for a reunion for some show last year. I'd have to look it up to see if that happened.

if you do know them, how about a look back

Light of Day, Day of Darkness (one 60 minute epic)...probably my favorite

to the less heavy but proggy The Quiet Offspring

[youtube]C3MZ6HxE-8w&list=PL5aEiTxYD_g57sAKfrbx8HC5VU6mF-9pC[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator: