Will Nightfall Overture ever see an official release?

hey...there is actualy an Italian dude living in Russia that´s working on "old school house versions" of Glory Days and Nightfall Overture (I threw in the original versions vocals as a freebie!!)
I re-recorded the vocals for Glory Days aswell because I have lost the N.O. version masterfiles (I am the master of harddrive management!!)
I used a Ibiza-style backing track when I did the vocals and it sounded extremely cool!! I might have a future there, right up with E Type and Pain!!!

Here's the thing about The Breathing Shadow—it's killer! It's killer as is! But when Dan went and re-recorded those songs for Nightfall Overture, it was like, "Whoa! These are killer, too!" I agree that some songs on TBS benefit from that gothic sound, but re-recording them isn't impossible. Who says a re-recording has to stay true to the original? Why can't a new recording of an old song take on a whole new life? Even a whole new style and sound and structure?

I agree with you Eyesore. "The Dreamreader" is a perfect example. It was a super gothic style song originally, but the redone version sounds amazing even though it is so totally different. I believe in the power of Nightingale to rework any of their old material!

Dan Swanö;5935206 said:
I re-recorded the vocals for Glory Days aswell because I have lost the N.O. version masterfiles (I am the master of harddrive management!!)

It's extra funny to me that you said that. I was just re-reading some old interviews of yours, and twice you mention times where you deleted original recordings of stuff (once was some Bloodbath tracks I remember) :lol: You really are a king of data managing!:headbang:

Here's the thing about The Breathing Shadow—it's killer! It's killer as is! But when Dan went and re-recorded those songs for Nightfall Overture, it was like, "Whoa! These are killer, too!" I agree that some songs on TBS benefit from that gothic sound, but re-recording them isn't impossible. Who says a re-recording has to stay true to the original? Why can't a new recording of an old song take on a whole new life? Even a whole new style and sound and structure?

I was trying to be diplomatic:)
To be honest: i don´t think some of these tracks are very good songs.
I dosen´t matter how many times you re-record a bad song..it´s still bad:erk:
But that´s my opinion

No no no... great songs.
Maybe it's because I like hit-stuff. The refrains are so big, great melodies and harmonies going on.
But each to his own
But I don't think there's a need to re-record them, too. They are fantastic as they are for me.

But that´s my opinion
Well, I guess that's true; but there are some songs that simply need a little push in the right direction.

Just curious, which songs do you think are bad (don't be diplomatic here)? :heh:

But that´s my opinion

Heh fans sometimes see things in music the artist doesn't because someone who wasn't involved in all the sessions where the musician is like "shit, we just can't get that section to sound right... this song is all wrong... should we leave it in?" isn't going to hate a bad song the same way someone who struggled over it did...

My contribution on TBS is a song i wrote in -79 called "Tint gör ont". 80 % of that song became "Alone". I had nothing to do with the rest. "Nightfall overture" is a killer track on the album with the same name and great fun to play live but i don´t think the version on TBS is up to much. "Dreamreader" "A lesson in evil" and "Gypsy eyes" is OK

DJ Swano in da House, Aiiiii.

EDIT: Haha, I only read page 1, didnt look at 2, how random does that comment look, haha.

EDIT2: OK, to a post that makes sense, I haven't heard Nightfall Overture yet, i'll take it from the reactions here that it's worth listening to even if I own rest of the Nightingale catalog?