Will you go back to MP3.com?

Necroscythe

Feb 23, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
www.supercrank.com
after cnet brings back mp3.com this month, would you go back?

When music.download.com launches in March of this year, artists
will be able to register, create an artist, enter songs and
artist data, upload MP3 files, and visit the resulting artist
page. We'll also be offering simple Download.com URLs that can be
used to direct users to your artist page. Yes, the first
iteration of music.download.com will feature a minimal set of
features, but we've made this choice intentionally so that we can
get your music back online as soon as possible. Following our
launch we’ll be working hard to add more advanced features and
services that serve both the artist community and the listeners
interested in your music.

Necroscythe said:
after cnet brings back mp3.com this month, would you go back?

If it's free, I'll be going back both as an artist and a listener (the listener bit depending, of course, on whether the new site has as broad a range of music as the old one). If not, or if the free service is too restricted, I probably won't bother.

soundclick I dont like, bad design, have to be signed in
purevolume is great design but not really for heavier bands

I never liked mp3.com, so no I won't. I rarely download music, but when I want to find something, Soulseek has never let me down.

Varulv said:
I never liked mp3.com, so no I won't. I rarely download music, but when I want to find something, Soulseek has never let me down.
Pretty much the same here. If I am going to download music, i'll just use a P2P program, either Soulseek or DC++, which is much easier than navigating the much overrated mp3.com

Tanith said:
Pretty much the same here. If I am going to download music, i'll just use a P2P program, either Soulseek or DC++, which is much easier than navigating the much overrated mp3.com
Mp3.com wasn't really ever meant as an alternative to filesharing, so its sort of a false dilemma... its main purpose was for people to check out new bands...

Phrozenspite said:
Mp3.com wasn't really ever meant as an alternative to filesharing, so its sort of a false dilemma... its main purpose was for people to check out new bands...

Exactly. Whenever I was recommended a band, I would go there to see what they sounded like. If I liked it, I would read a few reviews on whatever album the mp3(s) came from to see if the whole album was just as good. I would then make note to buy it. Great service mp3.com had. I hope they come back even bigger and better.