Wind Rose forced to cancel appearance

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
It is with sadness and frustration I must announce Wind Rose has been forced to cancel their appearance this year. I feel terrible for them as they lost their U.S. tour as well. Once again, inconsistencies in the visa process are the culprit. There is simply no method to the USCIS madness at times. While I was not involved in their application process, I do not blame the band, the manager, or the booking agent at all. They simply hit the same wall we all have hit previously through no fault of their own. Honestly, this has been one of the most difficult years yet for obtaining visas. I want to thank everyone involved in this difficult situation for keeping me in the loop and making the transition easier. I truly hope to host the band in the future. I have already confirmed the replacement and will announce them at 4pm today.

Wind Rose Statement:

“Due to consequences surrounding the difficult immigration climate that is on going in the United States at the moment, we are beyond disappointed to announce that we will be pulling out of our planned performance at Prog Power and our debut North American tour with Arkona this Fall. This was a necessary precautionary measure due to major delays in visa processing times and further difficulties beyond our control. There is none more disappointed then Wind Rose about this, but fear not, as the Dwarves are resilient in tough times and we will keep the anvil hot for you. Plans are already under way to make this up and we will tour North America as soon as possible with all the right tools at hand! Thank you for understanding”
- Wind Rose

I thought there was an email from glenn a couple weeks ago that said no issues with visas and all had been approved? I must be mistaken

Sucks man. Someone needs to stuff USCIS into a diggy diggy hole. I was really looking forward to seeing Wind Rose this year. On a positive note, it will make a future appearance all the sweeter. Good luck to Wind Rose. You will be gone but not forgotten!

Very sad for Wind Rose. Also happy for Paladin. Both bands are good, but it always sucks to lose a tour.

How many bands are still pending? I've been able to find some reference to approvals for everybody but Secret Sphere, Insomnium, Tomorrow's Eve, Galneryus, and Demons and Wizards (though I wouldn't be surprised if D&W are all set and just went through a channel that didn't comment).

Is there anyone we can scratch off that list? It'd be really comforting to hear that Insomnium and Galneryus are done.

Very sad for Wind Rose. Also happy for Paladin. Both bands are good, but it always sucks to lose a tour.

How many bands are still pending? I've been able to find some reference to approvals for everybody but Secret Sphere, Insomnium, Tomorrow's Eve, Galneryus, and Demons and Wizards (though I wouldn't be surprised if D&W are all set and just went through a channel that didn't comment).

Is there anyone we can scratch off that list? It'd be really comforting to hear that Insomnium and Galneryus are done.

Since D&W are touring the US in August & September and that they consist of members of IE and BG, I can't imagine they don't already have this together.