Windham Hell Guitarist Dead

unknown

fuck ftagn
Oct 27, 2003
The Red Tower
Eric Friesen (web site), best known for his guitar acrobatics in underground pioneers WINDHAM HELL, passed away unexpectedly last Friday (June 30) at the age of 34. Eric was an inspiration to many, and truly an unsung guitar hero and composer. He will be missed by his family, friends and his many fans worldwide.

Leland Windham and Jason Walton of AGALLOCH are setting up a memorial for Eric, to honor the man, the music and make Eric immortal.

Anyone wishing to help, please contact Jason at nothing@audiosavant.com.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

this really fucking blows. :cry: Windham Hell was such an awesome band and Eric was an amazing guitarist.

I don't really know why I never got around to listening to this band, since they're so fellated. Good place to start?

South Facing Epitaph is probably my favorite of their releases. You might have a bit of trouble locating it though. I could always send it to you via AIM if you want. It's death metal with guitar pyrotechnics

I never really got into Windham Hell, there's only one song I enjoyed, but that's still horrible to hear.

there's only one song I enjoyed
You know, if I say to you tomorrow we're going on a picnic, you're not going to be afraid because you know what that is, you know what a picnic is. But if I say to you tomorrow you're going to die, that's a little bit scarier because you don't know what that is... and not many people come back to tell about it.

Erik said:
You know, if I say to you tomorrow we're going on a picnic, you're not going to be afraid because you know what that is, you know what a picnic is. But if I say to you tomorrow you're going to die, that's a little bit scarier because you don't know what that is... and not many people come back to tell about it.

You like being random and vague, eh?

That makes sense. The only album I checked out from them though was Reflective Depths Embibe, and the only song I can remember liking from it was Alpinia. I think GoD was the one that kept praising them a while back, but I never did like anything he recommended, except for one or two bands.

i liked and own reflective depths imbibe so this kinda sucks i guess

edit: sorry i meant haha im glad that fucks dead did i mention I LUV INDIE

A good band compromised by too much stupid filler. Also that quote is from the aptly titled "Tomorrow You're Going To Die." Great sample.

Too bad though. :(