Windham Hell Guitarist Dead

Thats fucked, I was just talking to that guy via MSN a few weeks ago. I didn't know him personally but he seemed liked a really nice guy plus Windham Hell were pretty damn good. :cry:

V.V.V.V.V. said:
A good band compromised by too much stupid filler. Also that quote is from the aptly titled "Tomorrow You're Going To Die." Great sample.

Too bad though. :(

You're right- too much filler-all the pointless interludes on RDI together with the 10 minute outro of Saltarello Presto is a serious waste of space, however (with the exception a few parts where they get annoyingly over-the top), the album at its core is still killer. Shred metal played with such great feeling and atmosphere is not something you get to hear often.

I need to give South Facing Epitaph a few more spins, though It didn't strike me being as great as Reflective Depths Imbibe

DarkBliss said:
You're right- too much filler-all the pointless interludes on RDI together with the 10 minute outro of Saltarello Presto is a serious waste of space, however (with the exception a few parts where they get annoyingly over-the top), the album at its core is still killer. Shred metal played with such great feeling and atmosphere is not something you get to hear often.

Oh yeah! Definitely. The REAL MEAT on the album is fucking killer/fantastic/etc. but all the stupid intros and atmospheric stuff kind of kill it for me...

Oh yeah! Definitely. The REAL MEAT on the album is fucking killer/fantastic/etc. but all the stupid intros and atmospheric stuff kind of kill it for me...

They'd be better without a lot of that crap, I agree.

I recall liking South Facing Epitaph quite a bit less than the other two but I'd need to root it out again.