WINDS "Prominence and Demise"

Alteredmindeath

Wasteland Survivor
Mar 5, 2003
Underneath your bed
Listen up...

I received my copy and I must say (WOW) man...a truly sharp, fine tuned musical anthem indeed. By listening I can tell Lars singing is more passionate, and Carls Guitar playing has improved if possible(mindblowing)... with some very amazing musical ideas inside. Mr Winters piano parts are also still very clever and fresh, adding eerie atmospheres to the grooving rhythms of Carls guitar chugs. Hellhammers drumming is more impressive, and more exotic compared to older releases. Session member Oystein Moe bass sings along triumphantly with each song like never before, and adds a sense of fullness to the band. Overall an improvement over older Winds albums in skill and passion, great solos and song structures. I enjoyed the added effects of the guest like Dan Swano, and the Madder Mortem lady. I hope Winds will choose to dig deeper, and expand even more with these new elements in future releases.

Well I don't want to ruin all the surprises on this album for everybody, so I will be digesting all the complicated songs for awhile on my own. My favorite songs are Universal Creation Array, Fall and Rise, The Grand Design, When the dreams of Paradise died, The darkest Path, Where the cold winds blow...

Check it out... If you want quality for your money, Winds new one "Prominence and Demise" is the way to go.

http://www.myspace.com/windsrocks

The past Winds releases always sounded rather bland to me. As much as I wanted to love them the singing was dull and the musicianship jus never quite got as cool as you hoped. Think I'll give this one a shot though because these guys have so much potential.

The past Winds releases always sounded rather bland to me. As much as I wanted to love them the singing was dull and the musicianship jus never quite got as cool as you hoped. Think I'll give this one a shot though because these guys have so much potential.

man you won't be dissapointed, I have listened to this album non stop since I got it. They use the orchestrations differently this time, and Lars singing is less dull, he really shines on this one... really you will see.

Awesome musicians for sure. Too much wankery going on for my taste though. Sounds like a "heavier" Dream Theatre on steroids to me. Still dam good, just doesn't connect to me. Just my thoughts after 5 listens.

My copy is lost in the mail.....

What Happened? I once purchased a Enslaved DVD from the end records, when I got the package there was no dvd inside. I emailed the end records and Candlelight records to tell them what had happened, and they both sent me a copy of the Enslaved dvd free. I sold the extra copy to a fellow local metal head. Anyway the point is contact the distributor, and demand another copy be sent.

What Happened? I once purchased a Enslaved DVD from the end records, when I got the package there was no dvd inside. I emailed the end records and Candlelight records to tell them what had happened, and they both sent me a copy of the Enslaved dvd free. I sold the extra copy to a fellow local metal head. Anyway the point is contact the distributor, and demand another copy be sent.

I've been in contact with them and they want me to wait longer....

I live 90 miles from NYC and it shouldn't take this long ever!