Winds

Ok - more seriously now. Yes, it might seem a but boring at first,
but once you get into it you'll (hopefully) learn that it's great.

August has his own particular style, just like he performed with
Arcturus. The tunes from the string players are also great. So
I see no reason why there should be a problem liking it once
you get into it.... well of course, ppl are different! :)
But as I sit here and occasionally look out the window at the
sunrise, it's perfect. \m/

I just took this pic. Now you can catch some of my mood at the moment.
morningsky3.jpg

I love August's riffing, it reminds me of Aspera Hiems Symphonia.
The drumming is spectacular as you would expect from Hellhammer, he is one of the few amazing drummers of all time I think. The viola violin and chello give it a more traditional folk/classical sound which blend together nicely. And the words are delivered pretty well, yet I think a few of the line's could have been screamed to end some of the breaks. It seems the way it was done you can play it around more timid company without pissing them off and starting a Debate. 1 to 10 I'd say 9.9. Of course I must add there are many 9.9 releases this one works for me. The extra .1 to get a 10 stays there as to not upset the gods.

The vocals make winds completely unlistenable. Greasy and slick with too soft Rs. I'd like to get hold of some of the piano sheets though.

Originally posted by Protocol
The vocals make winds completely unlistenable. Greasy and slick with too soft Rs. I'd like to get hold of some of the piano sheets though.

Well, how much are you offering for them?

PS: R's are supposed to be soft. Do they not have proper English teachers in Sweden???

hellcome Andy;) but still i have average opinion about Winds. in my scale 1 to 10 i'd say only 7

I taught my english teachers more than they taught me, so in my experience we actually don't have proper english teachers. Yes, soft Rs, but not too soft. :p

I offer my heartfelt gratitude for the piano sheets for In All Reflections!

Winds new album is amazing! At first I found it a bit boring but not it's in my top 10 of the best 2002 album. I love classical music combined with metal. I would be curious to hear what winds might sounds like with the vocalist of the Empyrium instead.

Originally posted by Ayoria
But they don' t do live shows

I read an interview in Scream magazine and they
sais they WANT TO do live shows, but not just
anywhere. They allow themselves to be a bit picky
cause one of them lives in the states etc.

So well, yeah, there might be some livedates, but
that depends on if Winds get an offer they can't
refuse :eek:)

Yes they have to be picky, because they have to drag the whole stings on stage, that is very difficult and expensive, and the sound of Winds is difficult transform from the album onto the stage. Andy Winter said this in an interview.

Originally posted by astarte

Agreed. Winds is sort of a bad "copy" of Arcturus... quite soulless and uninteresting, in my opinion.

I don't find that Winds sounds like Arcturus at all! Can you explain to me how they sounds alike?

Originally posted by Nattestid

I don't find that Winds sounds like Arcturus at all! Can you explain to me how they sounds alike?

:lol:

Hellhammer's work, August's work, piano with arpegiator and many more...

Originally posted by Nattestid

I still don't find it sounds like Arcturus anyway.

btw why the laughing face??

because you're deaf... everybody find resemblance to Arcturus (including label), but not you... as always...

Originally posted by Eldzik

because you're deaf... everybody find resemblance to Arcturus (including label), but not you... as always...

Don't go starting some bashing again Eldzik! We can hear the musicians's other band influences but it does not sound like Ad Astra or their previous album

i'm not bashing;) but for me August's solos remind me "Aspera", Hellhammer's drums "La Masquerade" and piano "LMI" and "The Sham". btw: what's means "not sound like Ad Astra or their previous album"??? i don't remember "Ad Astra" album;) i remember song "Ad Astra" and lebel's name...

I see,
On a different topic that's what I mean with the new Vintersorg, Aesgir drums remind me of the drumming on Empiricism and the keyboard that vintersorg played remind me of the same key sounds than on emp....

Originally posted by Eldzik
i'm not bashing;) but for me August's solos remind me "Aspera", Hellhammer's drums "La Masquerade" and piano "LMI" and "The Sham". btw: what's means "not sound like Ad Astra or their previous album"??? i don't remember "Ad Astra" album;) i remember song "Ad Astra" and lebel's name...

yeah the song ad astra its like 3:15am here so my brain is getting sleepy..:zzz: