Winger Video

Another vid got posted yesterday. So so on this one. The solo is awesome though.

That solo was pretty good, but absolutely pales in comparison to the one from "Witness" on their previous CD, "Karma." I'd say it's his best solo ever…and one of Winger's better songs, too. Here's a YouTube link:

There's a brief solo at around 3:00, but the main solo starts at 4:00. It's technically great, but it's just dripping with feeling throughout the two full minutes he tears it up.

Craig

Every time I think of Winger I can't help but think of...

Stewart.jpeg

These guys always got the shaft, but were actually a damn good band. I consider "Pull" to be their classic, and rank it high among my all-time favorites. Kip's a great frontman, and Reb Beach is one of the best guitarists on the planet.

Britt

I'm pretty sure I saw Kip Winger when he was with Alice Cooper back in the late 80s. Hmm... yeah and an acoustic show when he opened for Y&T at the Fillmore in San Francisco.

Always liked the band. Need to update Pull as I only have that one on cassette.

These guys were always underrated. Shame. They were all great musicians and songwriters. Glad they are still around...

Cool Story Bro: I own the Ibanez WRB3 that Reb Beach played in their video for "Hungry".

So I just got the new cd, Better Days Comin' (ah, title track not so great).......while I do enjoy the cd pretty much (I think the last one was quite better though), while listening, Tin Soldier came up....I'm really liking this song, and thinking this sounds like they are dipping their toes a bit into the prog sound:

Last edited by a moderator:
In "Rat Race", he had a very Piet Sielck tone. Or is it Piet had a very "Winger" tone? Pretty good. Most people would fail the Pepsi (Winger) Challenge if they had a blind listen.

They had Kip on hair nation backstage at M3 and he was joking around saying how B&B ruined his life etc.

Still a great band, and Reb is one of the greats.

The one and only problem with that band is their most famous song gets creepier every year.

The one and only problem with that band is their most famous song gets creepier every year.

I assume you mean "Seventeen"? I would have thought that "Headed for a Heartbreak" was their most famous, but I guess you're probably right.

From a quick search, it doesn't appear that Kip Winger has a daughter…thankfully. The endless taunting from friends on her 17th birthday would have been unbearable, I'm sure. :)

The band has a pretty good sense of humor when it comes to "Seventeen." At their shows, they now sing "She's only 35" during the final chorus. These guys are a class act, and I recommend catching them on tour. Stewart had the right idea all along!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Stuart's t-shirt always cracks me up, partly because it reminds me of ME in high school...when I thought that wearing a Night Ranger shirt made me a metalhead. :lol:

LOVED the "Pull" CD, although wasn't that sold on IV. Will have to check this new stuff out.

Every time I think of Winger I can't help but think of...

Stewart.jpeg

Pull is amazing, a classic in my book. Karma is also excellent.

If you guys are into mellower stuff, Kip's got a couple great solo CDs with "Songs from the Ocean's Floor" being his best imo.

I always liked their pre-Pull stuff as much as everything that came after.. I was so into hair metal in the mid-late 80s. ;)

I haven't gotten anything of Winger's recently but I may have to.. I do have Kip's solo disc 'Songs from the Ocean Floor' and I absolutely adore that disc... absolutely amazing disc.