Wings Of Metal Festival Montreal

This is one of the best fests I've ever been to. Sound is great, cool little tiny club, everything was on time, every band killed. ZEMIAL was one of the best sets I've ever seen, way exceeded my expectations. Tomorrow's lineup is killer top to bottom!

I was in and out except for Razor, Vulcain & Amulet. But caught about half of the band before Razor. They were actually quite good!

Vulcain were amazing. Like a spiritual mesh of Y&T and Motorhead. Razor was fun but kind of fussy on the technical end of things. A few start and stops.

Amazing fest so far. Audience is there for the music. Not like the precious party dudes. Real Metal people. Love the historical Montreal metal pictures hung up in Katacombs.

Not too much in the way of Merch. Laughed at seeing a Piledriver baseball long sleeve being sold. That really brought back the mid 80s.

Amulet are great live...kind of bland on disc. Live is a whole different beast. Did they bring out the hangman at the show?

Yep. Thought it was one of the Savage Master guys making a guest appearance. :devil:

Damn! Great weekend in Montreal so far. Even with the rain.

Second night was excellent. High Spirits just exceeded expectations. Kinda wished they didn't mix the bands up. Have one night old school/hard rock/metal and the other Black/Avant Garde etc instead. Bit worried during Droid but Savage Master put things back on track for me. Better selection of shirts too.

Yeah the club is really small. Definitely no more than 300, including the balcony area. I made it to dead center, up against the stage for High Spirits, Mefisto, and Angel Witch. The first night was great and Zemial was my favorite set of the fest overall, but last night killed! Every band was really great, except for Mefisto, who sucked ass. What a disappointment, should have stayed broken up! Top hats should stay out of Metal unless your name rhymes with "ing Diamond". Currently sitting in the MTL airport and won't be home until after midnight tonight, but this has been a great weekend, and the best fest I've ever been to. Can't wait to come back next year! Here's to hoping it doesn't conflict w/ the PP Fates Warning set!