Wintersun has started "Time" album recordings

Feel_The_Force

Thrash 'Til Death!!
Aug 7, 2005
England
Wintersun has started "Time" album recordings

We entered the studios today. The day went setting up the drums, changing the drumheads, miking the drums, making the basic drumsound and Kai playing too fast all day long (and driving Nino crazy). Jiiiihhaaaaa! Tomorrow we will start the actual recordings.
In this studio session we will be recording only the drums, rhythm guitars and bass. I will continue recording the vocals, solos and synths/samples at my home "studio"/rehearsal place during the summer. The melody/acoustic guitars I will be recording with Teemu. The mixing will take place in autumn and the release is scheduled for the end of this year.

The album will be called "Time" and the track titles are:
1. Sons of Winter and Stars
2. Land of Snow and Sorrow
3. Time
4. Fire
5. One with the Shadows
6. Storm
7. Silver Leaves

Seven epic songs and quite long ones, over 65 minutes of material. It´s a theme album. The music has some new dimensions, but has also the recognizable "Wintersun style". So hopefully you will stay patient, the wait will be worth it!

:kickass:

Wow I can't believe how old this thread is and still no sign of the album. Very stupid of Wintersun to announce this record, when the didn't even have the surface scratched.

They did have the surface scratched, but then it all fell apart. It was also posted on the website, namely <<There has come again unexpected problems with technology, which will make finishing the "Time" album even more harder than it has been. Which will delay it even more. There´s also some personal problems concerning my apartment. Because of all the problems, I have fallen under a serious amounts of stress, which is sometimes causing me "writer´s blocks".>>

Being such awesome musicians doesn't make them immune to the daily crapshoot that life has to offer. We can only be happy that their gig is coming together again.

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

taking back the life to this thread..

Time is actually a reallity =O and firts song i heard i just fucking love it