Wintersun Time I

I've been blown away by the album. Especially Sons Of Winter And Stars contains insane composition in a metal context. But it's very, very dense, and I wonder if Jari should've let someone else mix it. There's some really strange automation going on(guitar riff crescendos?), not sure if I'm a fan of it or not, and a few of the synths/VSTis sound fake(not much you can do about that in a mix though).

Anyway, I had almost given up on this being released, and now that it's here I'm not disappointed. I expected it to be completely over the top, and it is, in a very cool way. The songs are great, and especially Jari's vocals are absolutely amazing. It only feels like half an album though, looking forward to Time 2 so I can spin both of them back to back :) Definitely worth the wait for me!

I've been blown away by the album. Especially Sons Of Winter And Stars contains insane composition in a metal context. But it's very, very dense, and I wonder if Jari should've let someone else mix it. There's some really strange automation going on(guitar riff crescendos?), not sure if I'm a fan of it or not, and a few of the synths/VSTis sound fake(not much you can do about that in a mix though).

Anyway, I had almost given up on this being released, and now that it's here I'm not disappointed. I expected it to be completely over the top, and it is, in a very cool way. The songs are great, and especially Jari's vocals are absolutely amazing. It only feels like half an album though, looking forward to Time 2 so I can spin both of them back to back :) Definitely worth the wait for me!

Pretty much sums up my thoughts! Maybe 8 years is a bit freakish long, but it was definitely worth it, especially knowing that Time II is getting released in the next year.

I gotta honest, I really like the mix a lot, I think it's damned impressive and the tones all balance well; I agree the drums don't sound like anything special, but they're audible and hit hard, which is really good enough for me, and I love the guitar tone, cuts through incredibly well IMO - tbh, I'm not exaggerating when I say this may be the best metal song I've heard this year, I haven't been this blown away by an epic track since Blind Guardian's "And then there was Silence," Dream Theater's "Metropolis Part I," any number of Opeth songs, etc., it's that good IMO

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWA5XOTdrOo&feature=related[/ame]

PAINFULLY epic, especially 8:48-9:50 :worship:

Also, it's only natural that it would be overwhelming to listen to it all the way through for the first time, but I'm expecting the full culmination of 8 years of work and the kajillions of tracks to reveal itself on repeated listenings!

its quite complex, I agree but bands like bal sagoth or rhapsody of fire are even more complex!lol It´s just a matter of being used to listen to this kind of music.

Am I the only one noticing how dynamic this album is? It's also crazy pleasant to listen to as well, and if we're gonna compare with Freshgod Apocalypse like the gentleman over me, that is a good thing :)
My head hurt if i listen to the supercompressed, drum masturbating mess that is Fleshgod. (The Violation is a cool track though)

Time I was awesome.