WITHEM: The Unforgiving Road

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
WITHEM - THE UNFORGIVING ROAD ALBUM DETAILS REVEALED

"...Norwegian progressive metal band, Withem, will release their new album, The Unforgiving Road, on June 3rd....

...The new album, The Unforgiving Road sees the band perfecting their style. Withem’s gripping, melody-driven songs avoid the clichés and pitfalls of overly dramatic instrumental sections and sheer senseless complexity and instead centre on creative interplay between the musicians, while the unique vocal range of Ole Aleksander Wagenius gives the band a distinctive touch. Just like the debut album, The Unforgiving Road was produced and mixed by guitarist Øyvind Voldmo Larsen at his own Lionheart Studio, boasting powerful and bombastic production values with plenty of moments for the listener to notice the most subtle intricate parts of the songs.

"The Unforgiving Road is a the culmination of almost a year worth of composing, recording and producing. We didn't want to rush things after the first album, to avoid the usual pitfalls of "sophomore albums," says Withem guitar player and producer Oyvind Larsen. "The challenges we encountered while writing and recording can only be matched with how rewarding it feels after everything is set and done!"

"Øyvind once again took the helm for most of the composition and the whole scope of recording, mixing and producing, and we can't wait to hear everyone's reactions after they listen to the end result," adds new bassist Miguel Pereira. "We are looking forward to start promoting The Unforgiving Road with live shows right after the album is out, and meet all our friends and fans throughout the world...."

withemalbummarch.jpg

Reactions: NorseBlood
Now this is one of my most anticipated cd's of the year! Hopefully they stay on a similar vein as the debut. I can still remember how dead-on perfect the vocals were at ProgPowerUSA. They were very impressive live and we need them back in 2017!

Reactions: Kez
I like this band. I am not a prog-specific type guy by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought the band had some stuff that was very interesting. The singer was really good and if they can continue and refine their style in a way where the songs are super strong, the sky is the limit with them. The talent is there in spades, as is the uniqueness........ I just need to see the hook in the songs.

LOVING IT!!! Today the WITHEM boys have debuted "The Pain I Collected" - the first single from their upcoming album, "The Unforgiving Road."
I've been a huge fan since the first album and these guys are one of the reasons I attended my first ProgPower (XV for the win!). This is certainly my most hotly anticipated album of 2016. Woop!

"The Unforgiving Road" is available for pre-order on iTunes and Amazon. I purchased my pre-order this morning and have been wearing out the single for hours. "The Pain I Collected" is now streaming on Spotify and you can check out the official lyric video below!

Well, this is not as immediate as the 1st disc's material is. I'll need to hear this in the context of the full album to be able to fairly grade this, but in saying that, its not bad...

I am surprised about the lack of discussion of this album given the amount of hype around the first album here. While this is not likely to be in my top 5, it is a very good album that improves greatly on their debut.