Within Temptation- Java Island!!!

nightwish58

Feb 11, 2002
New York
Visit site
Holy Shit is all that comes to mind after watching the new WT Double DVD/CD set. With that said, I can not think of a better way to end PP VII other than having WT closing it out. I realize Glenn is running out of legit headliners (non-repeaters), but they are as legit as it can get other than Helloween!!!!!

For anyone that even likes this band a tad bit, get this DVD set and you will definitely be blown away. I must meet Sharon one day; she is so damn hot and her voice matches her beauty. Bring em on!!!!

It's funny, I didn't really like WT until the "The Silent Force." The previous albums had their moments but there were things I didn't like that much about them. But with "The Silent Force," I really, really like them. I'd love to see them at ProgPower, but I think Glenn once tried to contact them and never heard back...or am I confusing them with a similar band?

Ruthven, you're right. He's made it pretty clear that Within Temptation has turned him down at least once if not more. He's never said why though.

There's no doubt in my mind that Within Temptation could be very big in the states with the proper backing. Everyone would probably accuse them of being an Evanescence rip off though, but we all know that isn't correct.

edgeofthorns said:
Ruthven, you're right. He's made it pretty clear that Within Temptation has turned him down at least once if not more. He's never said why though.

Actually, they and After Forever just plain didn't respond. No, "Sorry. No." or anything.

After watching the "behind the scenes" video from TSF, they look like they'd be cool to hang with. They'd be awesome to see at PP.

Yippee38 said:
Actually, they and After Forever just plain didn't respond. No, "Sorry. No." or anything.

After watching the "behind the scenes" video from TSF, they look like they'd be cool to hang with. They'd be awesome to see at PP.

Huh...that's odd. It looks like they would've said something then. Hopefully, Glenn will keep trying.

I actually got a reply from Within Temptation's management this year! Of course, all three of my subsequent follow-ups (spaced one week apart) were ignored despite very positive feedback on their first reply.

Scratch them off the list as I'm tired of the bullshit.

Glenn H.

Harvester said:
I actually got a reply from Within Temptation's management this year! Of course, all three of my subsequent follow-ups (spaced one week apart) were ignored despite very positive feedback on their first reply.

Glenn H.

I agree, that sounds like BS. IMO, they're shooting themselves in the foot by not trying to play the states. They're one of my favorites, but piss on it if they don't want to come over here.

nightwish58 said:
Holy Shit is all that comes to mind after watching the new WT Double DVD/CD set. With that said, I can not think of a better way to end PP VII other than having WT closing it out. I realize Glenn is running out of legit headliners (non-repeaters), but they are as legit as it can get other than Helloween!!!!!

For anyone that even likes this band a tad bit, get this DVD set and you will definitely be blown away. I must meet Sharon one day; she is so damn hot and her voice matches her beauty. Bring em on!!!!

Nightwish, thanks to you, Ken Golden got an order from me today for this DVD. He has it at a great price btw. Thanks for the heads up review.

edgeofthorns said:
I agree, that sounds like BS. IMO, they're shooting themselves in the foot by not trying to play the states. They're one of my favorites, but piss on it if they don't want to come over here.

Nahh, I'm sure they're holding out for the Big Bucks to come their way from the Evil Darkmess Tour (tm). :Spin:

Meh. They had never even fully signed on for that.

It's really a shame that they seem hesitant about breaking into the US. They don't even have a label in the US and I would think there would be at least 3 different labels that would sign them to distribute their CDs here. From the looks of their tours I've seen on video (excluding any festivals), they seem to do big stage shows with tons of stuff on stage so maybe they don't feel like doing a tour with pretty much nothing.

Harvester said:

Glenn H.

What a shame; I understand your frustration Glenn. It is unfortunate as I know they would put on a killer performance in Atlanta. Further, a WT performance is about the only way I will get my wife down to Atlanta.

I feel like e-mailing their management myself to simply ask why the band hasn't come to the U.S. I'm sure I would never get an answer.

nightwish58 said:
I feel like e-mailing their management myself to simply ask why the band hasn't come to the U.S. I'm sure I would never get an answer.

I did that the year they didn't respond to Glenn. I didn't ask, I just suggested that there is potentially a good sized market in the U.S. if WT were well promoted, and there would be no better way for them to break into the market than by playing PP.

I'd be surprised if they even read it.