Within Temptation

myownsilence

The Influenced
Jan 10, 2007
www.myspace.com
Since we went as low as HIM on these forums I thought id pick it up a bit and ask what you lot thing on Within Temptation..

Normally I would hate this stuff, but I think they are very talented.. if commercial to some degree.. and is she a babe or what (it helps)!

Now my last bit cos we all seem to be degrading ourselves around here (re: HIM), Katatonia featuring Sharon den Adel fro Within Temptation.. a bit of sexy depression .. yes please!

hehe sorry I cant match them together. WiTemp is good. I have been listening so much female vocal bands such xandria, season's end, sirenia, tristania, nightwish...and there's so much female singer MUCH more agressive such 'In this moment', 'Arch Enemy'... WiTemp is not metal AT ALL. Not surprised they play their video on MTV or MuchMusic.

they have some really good songs but in my opinion they should change a little the singing style of their singer... I ve heard an unplugged version of snow queen where she sings low and her voice was great

I kinda agree with Cerulean, I like "Enter" and the "The Dance" mini is great too, but Mother Earth and all that came after, couldn't really keep my attention either.

And yes, it would be nice if Sharon would vary a bit more with her voice, the constant high singing gets on my nerves pretty quickly.

I think After Forever is Holland's best 'female vocals' band. Floor is a fantastic singer. Didn't really like "Remagine" though and I don't really know the new one yet.

I agree with Tinus about After Forever. Epica would be second, and WT would be third.

I don't mind this band, but I don't think that they are that remarkable. Sharon's vocals are too damned high to really appeal to me most of the time. However, they have some great songs and I enjoy listening to them at times.... I have to be in the mood, though.

Sorry about this, but I just can't stand it when people have this remarkable, negative aura surrounding them when the name HIM pops up. I've seen this among others I talk to as well - everytime I metnion HIM. Like, I think the guys will hate this band especially as it MAY question their sexuality or something lmao. Seriously, there's nothing to be ashamed of in liking this band...not at all.

MyOwnSilence, YOU may not like HIM for whatever reason but you have to face the fact that others do...and a great deal of them at that. No question; personally, I'd take HIM over WT any day of the week.

"Since we went as low as HIM on these boards..."

Geez, are you serious? I hope not.

Oh, and uh, yeah...WT has some good songs but I'm not a fan. I wouldn't care for checking them out live that's for sure.

That is all. Leave it to me to defend a band in which seems to get a lot of hate around these parts.

Well I think it's because Katatonia brings in a diverse crowd...you have mainly metal heads, "goth" rock/metal people, Prog heads.. and mixes of those...etc.

I don't want to pin point it, but it's mostly the metalheads that feel they have to hate on a band like Him because of their fanbase, their popularity, and rarely the music because of the other two. You can use any kind of band for an analogy like that.

Basically it's going to happen...

Within Temptation... I have liked songs like Mother Earth when I first started liking "harder" music, when my favourite band was Rammstein.
They don't move me whatsoever nowadays.

Funny fact btw; The leader of my musicschoolband his brother played the violin on WT's new album

Within Temptation are ok. Their first album Enter was alright, but it really wasn't anything spectacular. Same with that The Dance EP. Then Mother Earth, although pretty catchy, was super happy chick metal with really cheesy lyrics. Ok for what it is, but it was a little too sappy for my tastes.

I really enjoyed The Silent Force album though, that's by far my favorite thing the band has done. It was totally commercial, but it had great songwriting, it was catchy as hell, and was much darker than Mother Earth. Too bad the new one The Heart of Everything is so disappointing in comparison. It's got a couple decent songs, but the majority of it just sounds like they were going through the motions. That Keith Caputo appearance was the lamest thing they've ever done too.

I hate the song "Whaddhavyadonenow?" or something like that. It is totally as crap as the other songs I've heard from the band. And the singer isn't even beautiful!

I'm bored as hell so I ressurect old topics :rolleyes:

WT got me into harder stuff so I still like them, especially Enter and some songs from Mother Earth.

When I heard What Have You Done on the Heart Of Everything I almost wanted to throw my Digipak away. Even Eva is better than this, yet the rest of the album was ok.

And believe me guys, WT is a band you can use to get girls into your sphere of music. Tried and tested method.