Within Temptation

Gdc

Darkness.Eternal.Suffer
Jun 23, 2001
www.gdcelewijt.easynet.be
Well, I´ve got their first album and I find it good and I saw them live and they played a great gig but I don´t like the new album (Mother Earth). The vocals are better than on the first album but I don´t like their new style,...but that´s just my opnion.:D

Cheers

Ah! Within Temptation is just the finest doom around.... or.... Well, they used to be really-really good. You should definitely NOT check out their new album "Mother Earth" first as they have changed their style to more commercial stuff... In my opinion "The Dance" is the best song they have! So, you've had a great start! hehe... Now you can go on to listen to the rest of the "The Dance" album! >:eek:) "Enter" is also very good.... Argh! Fuck it, I love this band!

Originally posted by Blackspirit
Ah! Within Temptation is just the finest doom around.... or.... Well, they used to be really-really good. You should definitely NOT check out their new album "Mother Earth" first as they have changed their style to more commercial stuff... In my opinion "The Dance" is the best song they have! So, you've had a great start! hehe... Now you can go on to listen to the rest of the "The Dance" album! >:eek:) "Enter" is also very good.... Argh! Fuck it, I love this band!

Erm, I disagree with you on this part. The album is very different from the other albums they have but the voice has improved and I like Mother Earth a lot as well.

Originally posted by vocis noctis

Erm, I disagree with you on this part. The album is very different from the other albums they have but the voice has improved and I like Mother Earth a lot as well.

I dunno... I just like it better when it's grim and non polished >;oP Hehe... I still like the album though, just not as much as "The Dance" :eek:))

Ya, After Forever is good, just hope some of these bands will come to Norway some day!!! >:eek:/ (I'm a bit pissed, cause Children Of Bodom cancelled, and I've wanted to see them live for quite some time now....) >:eek:P

I don't mean to thrash all over the band but my friend was playing for me a WT song called "Enter", I think. Could they have put more obvious sound effects in it?!?!? I mean you hear someone's footsteps trudging down a large hall, then a door creak and then a deep male voice says "ENTEEEER". Why didn't they name their song "Enter...in a dark castle that's in a black forest with mistress of the night, who is also dark and black and gothic."

Now that's original. Hah.

He doesn't say "enter"?? Well, I did listen to this a while ago so I may have mixed up the title with his actual words but nevertheless, "welcome to my home" (especially the way he said it) is also in the top five of "I can't think of anything smart to say, so I'm sayin' this" :D

My friend has 'Enter' and it's pretty good, especially the first two tracks.

I personally left the gothic bandwagon some time ago. It's good if you're still looking for that type of thing...