Without God..

no_reply

comfortably numb
Feb 2, 2006
hello! k' Some friend told me that Katatonia played the song Without God @ Iguana's cafe Monterrey Mex...is it true?

Yeah they did :D i fucking died that night we died, we all died.

I want to see them again once isn't enough.

here´s the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1ydEYaMQVM

Thanks for posting this!
They sounded great.

Maybe this is a question for the band, and I apologize if this has been addressed previously.

Is there a reason that the pre-Discouraged Ones material is mostly ignored these days live? Would it be too straining on Jonas' voice?

Isn't that in general that bands prefer to play more recent songs? I think we can count ourselves lucky with Katatonia which play a lot from older albums compared to other bands maybe

I was wondering...

I've heared numerous stories about Jonas' voice and this is possibly the best place to ask. Is it true that he has some medical problem there and can only perform growls once in a while? It would explain some stuff (altough their change to clean vocals on records was also for artistic reasons, if I recall blakkheim's words in the Brave Murder Day booklet right).

But if that's just another web-born story then it would be great to hear some more clasic stuff in concert : )

I was wondering...

I've heared numerous stories about Jonas' voice and this is possibly the best place to ask. Is it true that he has some medical problem there and can only perform growls once in a while? It would explain some stuff (altough their change to clean vocals on records was also for artistic reasons, if I recall blakkheim's words in the Brave Murder Day booklet right).

But if that's just another web-born story then it would be great to hear some more clasic stuff in concert : )

Yes, Jonas was told that if he growls too frequently then he will permanently damage his vocal cords. That is why Mikael sang on Brave Murder Day and Sounds Of Decay.Then they decided to switch to clean vocals for Discouraged Ones.