"Wobble bass" effect on guitars

Shawnn

Apr 27, 2009
Is there anyway I would be able to apply a "wobble bass/wub wub" effect similar to that commonly found in dubstep onto guitars? Perhaps some kind of modulation VST that would be able to reproduce this effect? Apologies if it sounds like a stupid question; I don't know much about synths and whatnot.

Thanks in advance. :D

That effect in synths is the result of using an LFO to modulate volume or pitch, usually pitch. Not sure if you could find a plug in for such thing but you would be looking for a LFO controlled pitch shifter.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. :) I see a lot of those on the Youtube dubstep tutorial thingies, but the LFO modulation stuff is always built into the synth itself.

if set a delay pedal with max feed back and hit a note, then gradually turn the speed up till you get that wierd static sound record that then send it through a synth if possible with the lfo trick :) saw a guy do this with a track of drums sounded cool

This video will show you how to achieve it in FL studio with synths BUT the important thing is knowing what filters to modulate and that applies to all instruments. So check it out, maybe it'll help

Last edited by a moderator: