Wolf Hoffmann: I Wrote All The Hits UDO DIRKSCHNEIDER Still Plays With U.D.O

Hawk

Henri Serton
Staff member
Aug 31, 2001
Eindhoven; Rockcity!
CriticalMass.se: I understand that you were very disappointed when Udo Dirkschneider wasn't interested in joining ACCEPT on a permanent basis?

Wolf: Yes!!

CriticalMass.se: How is your relationship with him?

Wolf: Non-existent. We don't talk at all. He decided not to follow the road that the rest of us did. He didn't think that we were able to write any good songs anymore. Hell, I wrote all the hits he still plays with U.D.O. He didn't write any of them, I did! He talks a lot of shit about us in interviews but we don't care. Why should we? We don't want to stoop that low, to throw shit back and forward. We have moved on and made a better album than we ever could do with Udo. And we got good reviews didn't we? "Blood Of The Nations" was voted "the best metal album of the year" last year. I think that says it all, don't you?

Complete interview here:

http://www.criticalmass.se/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1794

Last edited by a moderator:
Well yeah, the latest Accept album beats anything UDO has done in 25 year or so !
Too bad I didn't get to see them live last month ..

I don't take sides. In fact, I think both Wolf and Udo act like children when talking about each other. Wolf needs to carry on with Accept and forget about Udo. Udo needs to carry on with U.D.O. and forget about Accept. It puts the other members in each band in uncomfortable situations.

Bryant

I don't care about Accept specially becuase of Udo. But I must say that metal is a wonderful place for sopa-opera style feuds.

I think few bands has split or lost members in good terms.

This is a very delicate subject for certain people, and I know that Bryant is, especially, tied in to all-things Accept.

I love U.D.O.

I love the new Accept album.

I hate the fact that they tried to reunite once before and the situation didn't work.

I hate the fact that Wolf, Peter & Co. got pissed off when Udo didn't want to join them THIS time and have felt the need to slag him in the press.

I love the fact that Udo has never stopped doing what he's doing. He has never apologized, compromised, or done anything other than keep rocking...whether you love it or hate it...Udo has defended the faith throughout the years.

I love the fact the a new Accept album with a new singer kicks so much ass...but...at this point...don't compare Accept to U.D.O.

Udo gave up on Accept cuz Wolf and Peter were lazy, just kicking back in Tennessee or something. It's not his fault that they decided to get off their asses and do something. And it's not his fault that he didn't feel like putting his existing career on hold to join them and help line their pockets.

I wish them all the best of luck at this point, but damn...some things should just be left buried at this point...

It boils down to this..........

Gaby, Wolf and Peter wanted to move to the US. Udo and Stephan wanted to stay in Germany. This happened a looooong time ago.
I honestly think Wolf/gaby/Peter did ask Udo to be a part of Accept, but they knew he wouldn't want to be part of an American band. It is not that Udo dislikes Americans, but rather Gaby, Wolf and Peter are now German/Americans, not Germans.
Accept desperately wants the European (especially German) support for their music, but the core of the band is based in the US now. This is far from some kind of USA vs. Europe post or anything like that. It is simply a matter of logistics.

Bryant