Wolves in the Throne Room - Two Hunters

While such statements would be quite idiotic I don't think it can be denied that WITTR are, at worst, a decent contemporary BM band.

With a decently fresh vision, to be sure. Though I am leery of their self-proclaimed organic lifestyle. Seems like another stupid ploy.

Best album so far released in 2007. Listened to it countless times and feel it's vastly superior to Diadem of 12 Stars. And no, I'm not a fan boy.

With a decently fresh vision, to be sure. Though I am leery of their self-proclaimed organic lifestyle. Seems like another stupid ploy.

Yes. These guys always pissed me off with there whole "sick of the world so we will grow our own food and make our own houses" mentality.

Music wise, they are very, very interesting.

Tentative listening suggests this is an average band with a lamer than average gimmick (brings to mind Velvet Cacoon, actually). Also they have an aura that screams "hipster." I think I'll put this one off for a while.

Tentative listening suggests this is an average band with a lamer than average gimmick (brings to mind Velvet Cacoon, actually). Also they have an aura that screams "hipster." I think I'll put this one off for a while.

Eh, they're pretty good bm. Hardly 'hipster' IMO

Edit: I wonder if they're gay, considering they live together in a house in the woods

Mathiäs;6513433 said:
Eh, they're pretty good bm. Hardly 'hipster' IMO
Nothing to do with being "good", it's the Vendlus/Southern Lord, touring with Jesu, living in the forest and writing music together type stuff.

Speaking of living together in the woods, I can't help but draw similarities to the LLN marketing strategy. If Velvet Cacoon joined LLN, they would probably be something like Wolves In The Throne Room. :lol:

Not that I really care for Velvet Cacoon but a couple weeks ago, I downloaded their apparent new album (as listed on metal-archives)...I really haven't listened to it yet but is it authentic?

And long songs have a minimal direct relationship to that idea, aside from the fact that it becomes an endurance effort and therefore you have to "pay attention" so you don't get bored of the same song for 15 minutes. In other words, length has nothing to do with sophistication. People who attempt to make such a claim have Opeth among their favorite bands.

Έρεβος;6513251 said:
Because being intelligently self-reliant is.. wrong? Why the hell would people hating degenerate idiocy, and separating themselves from it, piss you off?

No, I just think they are full of shit.