"Woods of Ebay"

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
This keeps happening:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...6590&ih=016&category=307&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

"Pursuit of the Sun & Allure of the Earth" sells for $38.85 USD and another one of the 1000 copies changes hands, yet again. I think we once saw a copy sell for about $70 USD (!!!). This is cool though. I have a couple guitars that I want to sell (the Brown Gibson SG played on 'Woods 3' as well as on stage at every WoY show that I fronted and the B.C. Rich Warlock that has been played on all three Woods albums as well as in the video for "The Northern Cold") as well as some "Against the Seasons" era original merch, just to name a few items.

Still, seeing this makes me want us to get "Pursuit..." re-released for next summer. :kickass:

There was a copy on Ebay a few weeks ago, it sold for 52 US, there was also a copy on Amazon for 19 US.

Pursuit is an awesome album, definitely in my top 10 of all time. I'm glad I got it when it first came out. It would be great if you can get it re-released for the people that don't have it yet.

Pursuit is an awesome album, definitely in my top 10 of all time. I'm glad I got it when it first came out. It would be great if you can get it re-released for the people that don't have it yet.

indeed. not everyone can pay $70 for a CD.
But David said a number of times that it will be re-released eventually, so that will be cool.

At best, at this time we would like to licence the first three albums to a reliable, established label who could finally help us promote all three of them worldwide, separetely, as a package or both. That would be the simplest and 'cleanest' way to work from now on. We have been 100% indy since the beginning over 5 years ago and simply can't comfortably continue at this pace where we have to do everything ourselves. It's time to level-up. I think we have earned this chance.

This third chapter will soon be unleashed, the 1st era Woods trilogy will come to a conclusion and we'll unveil plans for the entire 2nd era. If three parts is a trilogy, what do you call four? That's what I plan to do. I know I still have at least four albums in me. W1, W2 and W3 were once just dreams too but they have become a reality. I plan to make our current dreams and ideas into realities as well, with the help of the right label. :kickass:

At best, at this time we would like to licence the first three albums to a reliable, established label who could finally help us promote all three of them worldwide, separetely, as a package or both.

The only label I've heard 100% positive things about and no complaints is Candlelight. Obviously I have no first hand experience to judge them on, but based on interviews with other bands they seem to be a well liked company. Hopefully after Woods III there will be a bunch of labels looking to sign and you guys will get to pick through them.

Just don't join a label associated with the RIAA or I wont buy your albums. Not that I want to be a dick, but I wont support the RIAA.

Candlelight would be my choice for Woods, I think. Seems like they'd be a good fit. Then Woods could tour with Enslaved, and play Pittsburgh. :loco: