Woods of Infinity

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
Can anyone up some tracks by Woods of Infinity? My <3for Lifelover who have been called a WoI clone has itched my elbow with curiosity. Another thing, do these blokes promote pedophilia through their lyrics as I heard rumored?!?! If so, which tracks? It appears as if the majority of their lyrics are in Swedish. :confused:

Here are two tracks from Hejda. I'm not even sure any one track from Woods of Infinity can be called "typical." Musically, they're all over the place, experimental, strange, completely lo-fi, occasionally nigh unlistenable. I honestly haven't really ever found myself enjoying their music. And I too have heard (and based on the bits in the CD booklet, wouldn't be surprised) that there is quite the inference for child molestation/pedophilia. I'm sure it might be more metaphorical, but then again, who the fuck knows.

3. Under Farden*
http://download.yousendit.com/802EC93E22D81491

7. Det Som Hande*
http://download.yousendit.com/5BB6EACC0A79D5F0

*can't be arsed to use proper inflective alphanumeric characters

Isn't this the band that has pictures of neked kiddies on their artwork? I think I used to have their split with Sargeist or Horna or Merrimack or somebody. Don't remember how they sounded though, höhö.

39792_39791.jpg

I guess that was the only one...

Hmm...

Lifelover using children in several vocal passages is also rather suspect.:err:

I may get wasted tonight in front of my computer. Fuck it. The only downside is going back in to public to get more brew. :erk:

39792_39791.jpg

I guess that was the only one...

The back cover is even more tasteless, since it actually implies sexual activities. Can upload a pic of it later... if someone's interested. Hell Mike might know (since he has/had some contact with the bandmembers), but I've a feeling they're only doing it for the shock value.

O a side note: if it wasn't for the band itself, an image such as the one above could be seen as pretty harmless. That is of course, if our society wasn't as oversexualized as it currently is; I mean, there are only two small girls without any clothes. Since when did that become something shameful and bad?

I'm quite tolerant when it comes to ideologies, but promoting pedophilia is too much for me. Singing about satan can be amusing, abusing young children just isn't. Not sure about the intends of the band, but yes...it's rather suspect.

The band don't actually participate in or promote pedophilia, it's something along the line of a shock tactic. But it's not really that simple, either. All very arty-farty and "question your values" type of thing.

But their music is shit, so I don't care either way.

Who was that doom band recently that discovered it's vocalist was molesting kids? Doomcifer recommended them once....great artwork....damn, losing brain cells here trying to remember...I think they even played NYC with Rev Biz....

They're from Umeå in case someone didn't know, kind of weird fellows at times. I won't talk about their beliefs in any matter though as I don't know them well enough and it's not my business anyway.

EDIT: JayK: Thee Plague of Gentlemen, wasn't it?