Woods of Ypres 2003 Northern Lights Fest Performance...

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
Is back online (in a nice safe place, my YouTube page):

This is video of the first two songs ("Shams of Optimism" and "Crossing the 45th Parallel taken from the band's debut "Against the Seasons" album) performed by the 2003 live lineup of the band at the "Northern Lights Black Metal Festival", June 21st in Toronto, Ontario, Canada (the first black metal festival EVER in North America).

+ btw...

"Lessons learned, perspective earned..." Never depend on anyone else to host something important of yours on the Internet. Always do it yourself, otherwise there's always the chance that it may just be deleted one day for no good reason and you'll have no one to blame but yourself.

Enjoy the video again!

DG - \w/ :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. Any chance of the footage from the Moonsorrow show last year showing up again?

Not really. The only video taken at that show was gritty camera phone footage, w/ not the greatest sound. However, I have invested in a video camera of my own to properly capture whatever we may do in the future. I wish I would have had this thing all along! :headbang:

Honestly David, you're easily the most enjoyable part of this video, ha. I remember you said how the energy was just huge and stuff, and you can tell, you're so fucking into it, its awesome.

Edit: And on another note, its actually really nice to be able to hear the bass in black metal, for a change, ha.

Nice, i'd never seen this before. Plus the sound quality is good, which seems to be rare for live concert footage on youtube.

Also it's good to hear live gigs might be recorded in the future - especially for those of us that live on the other side of the world.

Awesome vid. This is my first time seeing it as well. The sound and video quality is great. Was it shot professionally?

And I'm with SeanNZ. It's nice seeing some good quality footage because we're both pretty far away. Hopefully you'll come to Alberta some day.