WOODS OF YPRES are THE cover of the new Unrestrained Magazine!

Great WOY article. I read the whole thing through about twice or so. The Gates' article is good for a laugh as well :)
I am impressed with the entire magazine as well... wish we had a Chapters here so more metal heads new about this magazine.. it is actually really good!!

David, I'd like to personally thank you (yet again), for such an inspiring interview and read. I'm not done it yet, still about a page left, but its so in depth, and so interesting and inspiring to read about where songs came from, and your relationships with other people, life, and how those grew and influenced the writing process. I've always felt like WoY songs have made a whole lot of sense to me (especially W3, living in Ontario, wanting to escape urban things, etc.), but this just puts it on a whole new level. I was just at a Chapters/Starbucks with my friend, where we were both saying how boring and uninspired we've been since school ended (in April), and I said how I've really wanted to start writing more, but have had zero interest, and just been lazy, but reading this now is just super inspiring, I gotta pick up my guitar! Woods are the ultimate Ontario metal band, and its just great to be able to make such a great connection to music when you really know where (both personally and geographically) its coming from. Absolutely can't wait for new stuff, and I'm glad you're still living life, and having fun in Korea! Come home and play some shows for us eh? :p All the best, cheers.

I finally got a copy out here and saw it for the first time this past weekend. What a killer issue to have been featured in! So much good stuff written about in there. + Some friends of mine out here had a copy framed for me and presented it to me after my (second last) show with NECRAMYTH on Sunday. It was a nice surprise! :) Let me tell ya, it's a strange feeling reading a magazine in a restaurant over your lunch hour and then turning to the cover and seeing yourself on it, in a photo you've seen a bazillion times...especially now. If you saw me now, you'd never know 'that guy' was me.

Thanks to everyone for picking up a copy!!! Support U! Mag!

I finally got a copy out here and saw it for the first time this past weekend. What a killer issue to have been featured in! So much good stuff written about in there. + Some friends of mine out here had a copy framed for me and presented it to me after my (second last) show with NECRAMYTH on Sunday. It was a nice surprise! :) Let me tell ya, it's a strange feeling reading a magazine in a restaurant over your lunch hour and then turning to the cover and seeing yourself on it, in a photo you've seen a bazillion times...especially now. If you saw me now, you'd never know 'that guy' was me.

Thanks to everyone for picking up a copy!!! Support U! Mag!

Glad that your copy finally arrived and you enjoyed the feature, David. Nice of the guys in Necramyth to hook you up with a framed copy too!

U! #37 was really the issue where I think that the new team hit its stride after the transitional thirty-sixth issue...add to that its size and the fact that Woods of Ypres, a favorite band of mine, are the cover feature (to say nothing of the fact that it's also the first indie band to score the main cover feature), and this is a very special issue for me too!:headbang:

I picked up the Unrestrained an hour ago. I haven't had time to read the article yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Well, I just read it. What an interview! It sort of made me realize just how much of yourself goes into the making of this music. It also got me excited for Isunshin; if song titles are any indication of a good album, that one will be a beast!:headbang:

Edit: I listened to W1 whilst reading the interview, and can I just mention that the burst of speed for the last few seconds of the last track is one hell of a way to close an album?

Great magazine and great article! You guys deserve the exposure and you deserve much more than what you've received.

Joel \m/