Woods of Ypres Tab

Faith_Forsaken

New Metal Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hey I am in a metal band and we would love to cover some Woods songs I the vocalist and lead player know the lyrics to every song Woods has out I would love to cover any song and I mean any problem is can't figure out the tab for any all the way threw.:kickass: anyone who can help me out thanks.

why do you say turn and walk the other way, I cannot be the other person here that wants tab am I? I am currently working on The Northern Cold tab.

I'm pretty sure he's making some weird reference to Woods being in C# standard tuning.

There are some Woods tabs floating around, all of Against The Seasons was done, but it sounds a little off in some parts.

Ah, WOODS tabs. This is the project that always gets pushed aside amidst the craziness of our schedules.

I've always been hesitant about posting our tabs of songs anywhere because none of them are perfect 'finished' tabs, only 'working versions' that we've used while writing and recording, etc...

I'll try to get at least a few useful ones online asap. Some of 'the hits'. :)

Thanks for your interest! As far as I know, I have yet to hear of a band covering WOODS songs, but I look forward to the day that when happens!

That would be great, if you could put up The Sea Of Immeasurable Loss first we can get on covering it right away, I get so into the vocals on that song.

I'd love Allure of the Earth or Ghost of Summer's Past. I've been working on those recently :)

I'm pretty sure he's making some weird reference to Woods being in C# standard tuning.

There are some Woods tabs floating around, all of Against The Seasons was done, but it sounds a little off in some parts.

got a link to the Against the seasons tabs?

I know how old this is but I'd really like to see a community project where we cover at least a couple Woods songs...

I think it's time to draw attention to this topic. I'd really love to learn some acoustic WoY songs, but now without tabs.

I also found this cover few days ago and it's perfect. Can anyone here create tabs from this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. Is someone there who can make some WOY tabs? I cannot find any acoustic version. If could you do 'The Ghosts Of Summers Past' I will be greateful.

I'm not sure if there is still need for tabs but recently I've started to learn some WOY songs by myself and I will gladly help the others. It takes some time for me to write them down i GuitarPro but if there's a need then I'll try to make them. (not every song but for example that "The Ghosts Of Summers Past" cover that was posted earlier is pretty simple to figure out)

I'm not sure if there is still need for tabs but recently I've started to learn some WOY songs by myself and I will gladly help the others. It takes some time for me to write them down i GuitarPro but if there's a need then I'll try to make them. (not every song but for example that "The Ghosts Of Summers Past" cover that was posted earlier is pretty simple to figure out)

Hey, I would love to get some help with the tabs to "The Ghosts of Summers Past". I would be much grateful!

seconding the request for tabs. honestly, any tab that you can release, even if it's only a riff or partly done, would be extremely appreciated.
i'm trying to learn by ear and by what live vids I can find but it's difficult for some of the less-played material

Some time ago I started tabbing "kiss my ashes goodbye". Gotta work on it and figure out all parts. Might post it if I finish it.