WOODS OF YPRES' "Woods 3" is #1 at The End Records, two weeks in a row!

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
Here's the chart for this week:

01 - WOODS OF YPRES

Woods III: The Deepest Roots & Darkest Blues
Krankenhaus

02 -ULVER - Shadows of the Sun
03 -NIFELHEIM - Envoy Of Lucifer
04 -WOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM - Two Hunters (digi)
05 -PRIMORDIAL - To The Nameless Dead
06 -ILIUM - Vespertilion
07 -ALCEST - Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde (digi)
08 -AVENGER OF BLOOD - Death Brigade
09 -TARJA - My Winter Storm
10 -AGUA DE ANNIQUE - Air
11 -LORDI - Beast Loose In Paradise (single)
12 -TOXIK - Dynamo Open Air 1988 (ltd. ed. DVD/CD)
13 -AGENT STEEL - Alienigma
14 -WINDIR - Arntor
15 -MACBETH - Superangelic Hate Bringers (digi)

Scroll down to the bottom of the page here: http://news.theomegaorder.com/index.php

Thanks to anyone who has helped us do this! For anyone who hasn't got a 'real' copy of "Woods 3" yet, NOW is the best time to show your support and help us keep this momentum going, while it's going!

Here's the direct link to order:
http://www.theomegaorder.com/s.nl/it.A/id.18694/.f

***NOTE: If you don't already have an account at The End Records, it's quick and easy to sign up, pay by credit card or paypal and get delivered in no time!***

Please spread the word out there! Thanks guys! :kickass:

David & the Woods... - \w/

+++ Thanks to Paul for permission to allow me to spam the ND forum. :)

Oh, I need to get hold of this. Great job.

WoY are definitely one of those bands that keeps climbing my favorite bands.

Nice dave, I'll try to drop by to a show in TO when you play next (schools been taking some of my time lately). Which I could've seen you guys with adam wathan

Yeah, I agree. Bring them to Belgium, next time ?

Funny you mention that. That was the plan for November 2007 when it was originally going to be a tour. When we changed it to just the DVD shoot, the promoters wanted to keep the lineup light to make sure we had enough time for the film crew. Thurisaz and Ajattara were booked, so it couldn't happen then. We will however, try to work that out again in the future.

Never understood all the praise WoY recieves. Maybe I need to re-listen, it just doesn't "feel" or sound original sort of like, I've heard this all before.

We do have a new album out. That's a good place to start. Hope you dig it this time around. :kickass:
Mr.Gold, I'm aware of the "new" album. That's what I'm referring too. My friend is a huge WOY fan, and when his copy arrived, he came over and we played this thing 6-8 times. First, all respect is due you and the band. If anyone has ever paid attention to my posts, I acclaim nothing but good things for bands, I am thankful for musicians who make my life a little better. I spend(according to some) an "extreme" amount of money every year on music. That being said, this album has not grabbed me, made me stand up and be impressed with the composition, musicianship or vocals. I can't get past the feeling of "heard it all before." I assure you I will re-listen attentively and actively. Maybe I am "missing" something. But, I ascribe to the theory, "you either like it or you don't." Once again, I'm certainly not trying to inflame anyone, just offering my musical opinion. Thank you and your band for all your hardwork on this album. I certainly am able to appreciate that. Peace.:kickass:

"you either like it or you don't."

BloodSword - It's all cool man, no problem. I hear just as much of this as the praise. I'd go as far to say that we are beyond 'like and dislike' and are more of a 'love 'em or hate 'em kind of band', and that's cool too! Maybe it would be easier to like if you were Canadian. :)

+ Though we haven't been out to reinvent the wheel, IMO, we do add our own personal twist to what has been done before us. Weather you feel you've heard it all before or not, it's still us doing our thing that comes naturally to us. :kickass:

Aww man, I can't buy CDs anymore because The End disabled eCheck support.... Congratulations though.... :(

BloodSword - It's all cool man, no problem. I hear just as much of this as the praise. I'd go as far to say that we are beyond 'like and dislike' and are more of a 'love 'em or hate 'em kind of band', and that's cool too! Maybe it would be easier to like if you were Canadian. :)

+ Though we haven't been out to reinvent the wheel, IMO, we do add our own personal twist to what has been done before us. Weather you feel you've heard it all before or not, it's still us doing our thing that comes naturally to us. :kickass:
Mr.Gold, thank you for your response. Many people I know love WOY. I have a friend who won't even talk to me anymore because of our "disaggrement" over WOY. Fuckin' ridiculous huh? Anyway, good luck in all of your future musical endeavors, and I will re-listen. Peace.:kickass:

It's easy to lose friends over disagreements, especially if you call them a dumbass and attack their religion! :lol: