WOODS OF YPRES' "Woods 3" is #1 at The End Records, two weeks in a row!

ND would do rather well at shows with bands like candlemass, MDB, Paradise Lost etc etc.

on another note. I remember seeing novembre live supporting katatonia and that was a funny show they put on. they dont take themselves like gr1m metul band members, they were doing the whole introducing the band thing. and it was actually pretty fun and i really enjoyed it even though im not a fan of their music.

Sounds sold-out in Biebob with +300 people:headbang:

Hell yes it does. Doing almost that exact tour in Europe, we have great turn outs. I think our worst turnout was around 100 people, and that was in the middle of the week somewhere. America is VERY different then Europe. You get "more bang for your buck" in Europe.

We do want, and will do some sort of tour here in the States soon. We want to head west actually, since we've not toured west yet.

I'd love to tour down around Texas, Arizona, maybe California and up the coast. We've got some awesome fans in Texas that I know of, who request we come out there all the time.

Actually we did open for Opeth a few times back when they did the "Blackwater Park" tour in 2001. That was alot of fun. I'd have no problem whatsoever opening for them again, but we'd need some serious backing to get that slot, believe me, and I don't really see it happening.

That being said, honestly speaking for myself, I'd have no problem playing a gig again with bands like Agalloch, Woods Of Ypres, Saturnus, etc.....I've enjoyed sharing the bill with those bands in the past and would most gladly do it again if we're able! It's just a shame that a bill of that caliber wouldn't draw more people here in the U.S.

Y'know as for Japan....we've had no prospects come our way for visiting there yet. Do they even know about Novembers Doom in Japan?? lol I've gotten messages from fans from other places like Korea and the Phillipines, but not so much from Japan. I'd love to go there someday.

As of today, make that AT LEAST three weeks in a row at #1 at The End Records!!! For those who ordered a copy, thanks one heavy ton! We are forever greatful! For those who haven't ordered a copy yet, PLEASE do so now! Help us keep this going, while it's going!!!

http://www.theomegaorder.com/s.nl/it.A/id.18694/.f

Thanks guys!!!

David Gold - \w/

P.S. - 80 people a night or not, I still believe in the Novembers Doom, Agalloch, Woods of Ypres + 1 tour!!! You have to do that 'once in a lifetime' kind of stuff when you have the opportunity. We could make it happen! + Personally, I believe MORE than 80 people a night would come to see this!

You have to do that 'once in a lifetime' kind of stuff when you have the opportunity. We could make it happen! + Personally, I believe MORE than 80 people a night would come to see this!
Listen to this man!! And congrats David on 3 weeks in a row. I still haven't heard it yet tho'.

Well....haha I don't want to get into a debate with anyone, especially David! Let's just say we've gotten out and done this sort of thing before and seen how it winds up and that's why we have the opinions we have. Which isn't to say that things couldn't possibly wind up differently, you never really know. But honestly what it boils down to is this- the venues and promoters have to have the faith and belief in a tour package like that to really make it happen successfully. We've tried putting forth ideas for similar tour packages in the past, and been met with alot of resistance from promoters and venue owners in the U.S. It's sad but it's the truth. If we are ever able to put together a cool tour featuring us and WoY and other cool bands, and get the proper support for it, we'll be happy to do it! I just wish it were as simple as saying, "yeah let's just do it!!" haha

By hook or crook, either here in North America or abroad, I think we'll share the stage with WoY again.

Look at how many promoters were reluctant and didn't want to sign a guarantee (very reasonable guarantee at that!) for Novembers Doom, Saturnus and Thurisaz in the states. Sure, Thurisaz may not be as well known her yet, but 2 European bands, their first time here... Trying to book a decent tour in the states is TOUGH. Tours like this are too small for high caliber booking agents, and many of the smaller booking agents would rather spend their days getting completely wrecked on drugs all day, then actually do their job. It's ROUGH. When tours like Green Carnation only draw 80 or less (some nights FAR LESS) smaller niche bands don't stand a chance to survive on the road. It's not even about a huge draw, it's making enough money on the road to sustain the costs of touring. Vehicle, gas, tolls, food for everyone, lodging... It's not cheap.

A door deal at a venue is suicide for a band on tour. It means, the club doesn't have to work as hard to promote the show, because they have nothing to lose. If the club pays a guarantee, you know they will do all they can to pack the club. Sadly, a tour like ND, Agalloch, and WoY would be majority door deals, and we'd be heading home in a week or less, broke and moral crushed.

The best way to do something like this, is book 4 or 5 dates in one area (midwest, east coast) with short drives, and at least one big guarantee to cover mot of the expense. Anything longer then 5 days without proper backing would be brutal. TRUST me, we've been through this a few times now.

I hear you guys, and I understand the financial realities, of course. Plus, you are the ones with the first hand experience that we don't have here so I believe all that you tell us about the current situation out there. However true, this seems to be the general feeling about touring on our level that we hear everywhere right now and I always have a hard time accepting it because it simple means "no tour". Just like you guys, people e-mail us all the time from everywhere and ask "When are you coming to play a show here?" and it's frustrating not ever being able to give anyone a good answer or to consider that the answer could possibly, truthfully be "never". We're very realistic, and we simply need more in our lives than just hopeful thinking. It's easy for me to see how when people just start to accept the idea that plans like these just aren't possible, they don't even begin to investigate and guess what...nothing happens. To sum it up, if there's really no hope of sustainable touring, I'd stop and ask myself what the fuck am I doing with my life??? There HAS to be a way. There HAS to be enough interest from people to pay a cover and buy a t-shirt on the one and only time we pass though their area. Not at all to start a debate with any of the ND guys, because we obviously respect the hell out of you guys, but just to create a dialogue here about something that lots of people ask about and that no one, starting with us, ever have any answers (nor can we gain any experience with it, it seems).

PAUL - The best way to do something like this, is book 4 or 5 dates in one area (midwest, east coast) with short drives, and at least one big guarantee to cover most of the expense. Anything longer then 5 days without proper backing would be brutal. TRUST me, we've been through this a few times now.

This seems like a great idea!

By hook or crook, either here in North America or abroad, I think we'll share the stage with WoY again.

There's another! I know you guys are a little older than us, but we're still in that young 'do it at all costs, but do it!' band mode (though not so young either, anymore) where I'd be willing to sleep in a ditch for a week it it helped to make the tour a reality. Through tears and beers (and a shitload of laughs I'm sure!), we'd make it through! :kickass:

Let's keep talking!!!

David, I'm sure we can pull something together in the future. Believe me, we sacrifice our asses off when we tour as well. We never even expect to make money, it's not about that. We do however, need to at the very least break even, just for traveling sake. Part of the issue as well, is you have no control over the club's you're playing at all. We've had the unfortunate luck where we have pulled up to the venue after a 10 hour drive to find a chain on the front door, and the gig has been cancelled. It's out of your control, and when that happens (and it will at some point) it takes a HUGE chunk out of the travel expense. Unless you're on a big tour, with record label support, or a VERY trustworthy booking agent, you must, must, MUST have some contracted guarantees. That's such a key to a small tour. Another thing we've learned is ALWAYS get a signed performance agreement ahead of time, and present it when you walk in the venue door, before you even start to unload gear, and make sure everyone is on the same page. We've had agreements, and at the end of the night, the club tried to pull the "Well, we don't have a contract" and LUCKILY we were able to produce it. It's rough being a metal band on the road in America.

BUT, there are fans all over that want to see us, so rest assured, we do everything in our power to make that happen, and plan on getting out as much as possible, so the chances of something happening in the states with Novembers Doom and Woods of Ypres are very likely.

Damn, I was going to throw the idea out there "even though again, I know it isn't that easy" that what if you guys booked a gig at The Pearl Room right after Chicago Powerfest that way most of the Powerfest crowd would hang around to go. But then I remembered Dimmu/Behemoth are playing that day and by the time that was over most of us wouldn't be able to stay in Chicago any longer. :(

Maybe...that idea would work for Heathen Crusade III?

We actually have a hard enough time just trying to get an opening slot on a national tour that comes through the Pearl Room, much less get them to book an ND/WoY show there! LOL I mean, if we could make it happen, we surely would.

I don't want you all to think we're just being negative twats about this subject, that's not the case at all. It's just that we've been through all this stuff for many years now, we've attempted alot of things and we've had to learn the hard way in many instances about how the biz really works. There are ways to make shows and tours work successfully but it takes alot of careful planning and knowledge about what works and what doesn't. Many bands spend many years playing shit gigs for no money, eating dirt and playing to tiny crowds before they see results. And by and large, a huge percentage of bands who do sacrifice everything and put themselves through that, often DON'T ever really see any major results and success. It's a tough business, this is. Anyhow the point is, when the right situation and opportunity presents itself that we can do some gigs with WoY in the U.S., then we'll definitely work on making that happen for real.