Work in progress. Real drums, Esp Horizon, MusicMan bass

Soundlurker

Nov 19, 2005
I'm working on an EP right now. The band's actually pretty cool and so is the mix, hopefully. It's still a fairly early version, so any feedback would be great. The kick is augmented with Slate's kick 17 (100% dry (Mapex) + 50% kick 17). The snare is a blend between a sample of the original snare (some Mapex) and a tiny amount of Andy's snare sample.
The toms were a bit too inconsistent as far as playing is concerned so I replaced them with Slate's Maple set.
Link: Update1
Update2

Cheers :kickass:

Thanks! They are sent to a verb although I recently lowered the amount so most likely I've went overboard doing that.

It seems to be coming out well, but I would seriously add some body to the kick, right now is just click and lows...
As Mattayus said, a bit more verb on the snare would be good, it seems still not enough to me...

Are you planning to leave the part at 00:48 like that? The subdrop and compression are totally destroying the attack of the next riff...

Guess you're right, the kick lacking body has been mentioned by other people as well. I'll look into the snare verb again, I'm not quite happy with it and that's probably why I keep it too low.

I haven't decided on the subdrop. I know it sounds a bit ugly with that distortion and compression but on the other hand it seems the audience likes it that way, especially since half of them don't have speakers that reproduce subs ;/