Workout

First thing is diet. If you're obese it's probably because you eat a lot and you don't do any kind of sport/fitness.
A pull up bars is ace...calisthenics exercises like pull ups, push ups, squat, etc are very good and they work lot of muscle groups together, instead of isolated exercises.
So.....diet (no processed foods, less carbs, healthy foods, vegs and fruits) and execises (cardio and bodyweight)

I love this topic

However the main problem I have is counting calories. My iPod apps ask me how many calories my exercises burn... um, I don't know and this is why I got the app!

The swole.me thing is interesting but gives me unrealistic meals. Like I'd have to supper only on cottage cheese lol (gave me that). I really want to have a plan, for a few weeks, of what to buy at the grocery and what to cook with my calories per day AND with training, but not something that will make me feel so weak. But I do want to try a vegetarian habbit, not diet, I mean for always. I should probably read a book (pdf?) suggestions ? I'm really not the cook type of guy to begin with

I hate strength training and running, so i do Yoga. An hour of that shit every other day will trim you up quickly. Not to mention the mental benefits and the stretching. Never felt better in my life.

have you taken yoga lessons to learn the positions or what? i'm interested in it too but have no idea where to start. would be best if i could do it at home.

My g/f uses Wii Fit... it has a yoga section on there, it may be a lite version of what you can do in Yoga, but it has those and muscle excercises that are working wonders for her and she's feeling so much better for it...

I used to yoga-cise for a few months and only had a vague idea of what I was getting myself into when I started. The instructors (different person most sessions) were really good about explaining the movements. If you get an instructor that doesn't explain anything well you can always take a peak at someone else in the class. That's also a good excuse to stare at hot yoga girls.

Fitness/body shape is basically 80% diet, 20% exercise. If you eat well and at the right time things will take care of themselves. However regarding gym stuff I could write pages on this, however to break this down to as few words as possible:

Hit the Gym 3-5 to five days a week. (If you want to slim down make 2 of them cardio sessions)
To build muscle focus on compound exercises: deadlift, squats, bench press, tricep dips, shoulder press, pull/chin ups.
Lift the right weights, i.e. choose weights that you can manage for 3 or 4 sets of 6-10 reps. If you can easily do more than 10 reps of a weight, go heavier.
High protein diet. Limit white/starchy carbs and saturated fats where possible.

And that's the uber basic version. But all the cardio in the world won't help you if you eat a load of shit all the time - whether you are bulking up or slimming down, diet is paramount.

Fitness/body shape is basically 80% diet, 20% exercise. If you eat well and at the right time things will take care of themselves. However regarding gym stuff I could write pages on this, however to break this down to as few words as possible:

Hit the Gym 3-5 to five days a week. (If you want to slim down make 2 of them cardio sessions)
To build muscle focus on compound exercises: deadlift, squats, bench press, tricep dips, shoulder press, pull/chin ups.
High protein diet. Limit white/starchy carbs and saturated fats where possible.

And that's the uber basic version. But all the cardio in the world won't help you if you eat a load of shit all the time - whether you are bulking up or slimming down, diet is paramount.
\

Pretty much it, although you can skip the cardio if the diet is good enough and saturated fats intake needs to still be maintained (good for test production), I don't really think the type of carbs really makes a difference from experience. I've always gone by protein intake and overall calories and its worked well for me.

By the way Dan, completely off-topic but miraculously found myself in Aberdeen for the first time the other day and caught the MMW reunion at tunnels, you guys were pretty kick ass, the roof was coming off that place. I would have said hi but I think I got distracted watching mates say awful pickup lines to the jager girls and then ended up in a club somewhere fairly fast after your set ended.

Öwen;10391992 said:
By the way Dan, completely off-topic but miraculously found myself in Aberdeen for the first time the other day and caught the MMW reunion at tunnels, you guys were pretty kick ass, the roof was coming off that place. I would have said hi but I think I got distracted watching mates say awful pickup lines to the jager girls and then ended up in a club somewhere fairly fast after your set ended.

haha, no way!

Cheers man – we literally had 4 practises and in that time taught 2 new guys the set… after a 3 year absence! There was a few sloppy bits to be fair, but I was sweating my balls off up there and having to contend with guys at the front getting in the way/smashing the mic off my teeth haha. Great fun though – I’ve missed being on stage.

But yeah back on topic....Good fats from oily fish and nuts is a winner as well :)

can't remember the english word for it, but install one of these on your room's door, and force yourself to do 10 pull-ups each times you enter or leaves the room.
don't know about weight loss but it will surely make you stronger, and you get better at this shit way faster than you imagine, especially when you start from scratch.

good luck!

Yes Arsenu, here's what I bought the other day
img1812l.jpg

It's hard to lift my 205lbs right now but I lift myself and stay 2 seconds but get my feet back on the ground, and repeat.
Damn, I remember I could stay 45 seconds with the bar at my eyes level

hey need an english grammar-thing tip on the fly, do you put a 's when using plurial ? (eyes's level)

can't remember the english word for it, but install one of these on your room's door, and force yourself to do 10 pull-ups each times you enter or leaves the room.
don't know about weight loss but it will surely make you stronger, and you get better at this shit way faster than you imagine, especially when you start from scratch.

good luck!

those things scare the shit out of me. i've seen too many videos where those things fall apart in the middle of a pull-up :erk:

it's a fun idea though.

^ happened to my brother a long time ago when he was all the way up. damn thing snapped right off! got his head banged at full velocity straight at the floor... it's not dangerous unless you're very unlucky (or a Czech LoG fan hehe) tough
anyway yeah make sure it HOLDS, and live iv'e said it gets easy much faster than you would imagine, so keep on going buddy!

Oh, I didn't use the original 1½" screws, got some green 4" wood screws to reach the solid instead.

hey need an english grammar-thing tip on the fly, do you put a 's when using plurial ? (eyes's level)

actually, with english being the silly-ass language that it is, no one uses the plural in that context - it's just "eye level"

and congrats on getting under 200 lbs...i've been working out pretty regularly for a few months now, and while i've been putting on a bit of muscle mass, have managed to not actually lose any weight at all =/