World Tours

Bucko

Apr 15, 2001
Canberra
Visit site
Today I picked up a couple of Live Albums :
Maidens : Live after Death
Scopions : World Wide Live

I have been reading the booklets with each CD . Both bands Toured for approx 12 months and recorded the Live albums in the course of the year.
It now seems no one goes on"World Tours "any more to extent of 12 months and record something to prove it . I know Kiss & AC/DC have just been here but was it a world Tour that will last 12 months.

These days a "world tour"won't include our lovely sunny country just the UK , Europe, USA & Japan and in Maidens case South Americia.

Just my thoughts after listen to what I reckon are two great live Album documents for the years 1984/ 1985.

G'day Bucko,
Scorpions World Wide live.....i only have a very old cassette of this.I would love to get hold of this on CD.I think this is probably when the Scorpions were at their best.They started to go downhill not long after this tour

I remember James Hetfield saying that now there are just so many places to play that its getting ridiculous, he said there never used to be a turkey to play, or the middle east etc. and that they want to play everywhere, but its not humanly possible anymore, now thats fine and dandy, but why dont they just tour some places on one tour, then with the next album, hit the places you missed instead? Or am I nuts?

Probably because there are certain places you HAVE to play to break even. The US being one of them (probably why Maiden played there even when none of the fans - or very few of them - cared)... saddening, but dareIsay true :cry:

Bucko, the Kiss and AC/DC tours were world tours.

The Kiss one has been going since mid-2000 and is still going, won't finish until about January 2002 I dont think. They toured the USA for 7 months, then came to Japan and Australia, now are having a couple of months off, then completing the tour in Europe then playing their 4 final ever shows in New York.

G'day Ralphe. Yeah I have the Tape as well but its a bit stuffed now. Yes I agree the Scorpians went downhill after that but around 1990 they had the big Ballad thingy "Winds of Change" .
Now they don't seem to be heard of much lately, oh the Video of World Wide Live is good I've had that for years. Cost me haeps at the time.

Sorry Troops had a look at my Kiss T-Shirt and it says World Tour .

If you want a place where White Lion, Scorpions etc are still going strong, try Indonesia!