world's largest jellyfish? boneless whale? SQUID?

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/americas/07/02/chile.science.reut/index.html

Giant sea creature baffles Chilean scientists

Wednesday, July 2, 2003 Posted: 2:49 AM EDT (0649 GMT)
1.gif
story.chile.jpg
Photographs showed a round leathery substance like a mammoth jelly fish, about as long as a school bus.

SANTIAGO, Chile (Reuters) -- Chilean scientists were baffled on Tuesday by a huge, gelatinous sea creature found washed up on the southern Pacific coast and were seeking international help identifying the mystery specimen.
The dead creature was mistaken for a beached whale when first reported about a week ago, but experts who went to see it said the 40-foot-long (12-meter) mass of decomposing lumpy grey flesh apparently was an invertebrate.

i mean, if it was a squid it'd have a horny beak! i wonder what it is....
this reminds me of a dream i had last night. weird!

haven't seen it.
i would say, i mean... look at the color. are there jellyfish that are that texture and color? maybe it's just some totally unknown weird species! or a SPACE SEA MONKEY

The Chilean Navy first spotted the mystery specimen along with another large mass, but the other dead animal turned out to be a dead humpback whale.

Whoa! OK so what was the undersea drama that was taking place?? The two huge enormous sea creatures died together somehow? What killed them?? Something.. BIGGER??

OMG!

yea i was searching for a more full sized pic but couldnt find one. i mean, wtb? i wanna see this thing in full glory.