Would you like to see PRETTY MAIDS at ProgPowerVIII

Would you like to see Pretty Maids at ProgPower VIII

• YES!!!! Bring them on

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • NO, i don't like their music.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I have never heard of them.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I have heard of them, but don't know their music.

Votes: 17 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
Well, it has been a few days since a poll was posted, so i thought( i know don't go thinking J-Man you might collapse) why not really find out about Pretty Maids. I have always liked this band in fact I love their song "Enter Forevermore". So what are your thoughts.

Hey, John! I must admit I've yet to hear Pretty Maids, but that's one thing I like about this board - so many mentions of so many kick ass bands I've not been exposed to before. So, I'll go see what I can dig up on them and get back to you. :lol:

Thorn23TX said:
Hey, John! I must admit I've yet to hear Pretty Maids, but that's one thing I like about this board - so many mentions of so many kick ass bands I've not been exposed to before. So, I'll go see what I can dig up on them and get back to you. :lol:

Get working on that Todd! Pretty Maids can't write a bad song.

Claus / Intromental said:
Sure --- only seen them approx.15 times so far, so why not see them again? :loco: Hehe, I love that band!!!!!!

More crazy Danish alcoholics at the festival can only mean more fun :kickass:

c.
The more Danes and Finns the better, and you Claus my friend had better be there.

Another highly underrated band. I've been a fan since Lethal Heroes. Like Riot, they keep putting out consistently good albums. I've definitely welcome Pretty Maids.

However, I'd bet that Glenn is very wary of bringing in too many "older" bands that were around in the 80's, so I don't know if we'll see them.

Steve in Philly

Pretty Maids is the one band I'm dying to see!!!! This band is so grossly underrated its a crime......I know I'm bias, but I think they would simply slay at ProgPower

Yep...been a fan of this band since l picked up Future World way back when (88' ?). l heard "Rodeo" and had to find out about this group immediately. They wander back & forth from power to melodic. Always churn out tight material. Helluva a back catalog full of great stuff. Just right for PP.

You guys know me well enough to know that I'd never EVER push for any particular band to show up at PP. ;)

Oh, and by the way, the new cd is absolutely KILLER!!!!!!!! "Why Die For A Lie" is just a shredder of a song and can I just say that this fucking band seems to do no wrong??!??!?! This isn't your typical "Classic" band. The Maids are worthy of this show and then some.

I'm tellin' you all now....this would be the "shocker" of the show just like Freak Kitchen and Therion were.

DarkOne said:
Another highly underrated band. I've been a fan since Lethal Heroes. Like Riot, they keep putting out consistently good albums. I've definitely welcome Pretty Maids.

However, I'd bet that Glenn is very wary of bringing in too many "older" bands that were around in the 80's, so I don't know if we'll see them.

Steve in Philly
well we have Virgin Steele who has been around since the early to mid 80's, so why not. I would like to see the band.

I have to pose this question:

How can a band that's been active for about 14 years and has received video play on MTV in the past be "unfamiliar" to the people on this board? Now I know there are a million bands out there to hear, but we're talking about 20+ years, 15+ albums, headliner status all over Europe and yet people don't know enough about them to cast a vote appropriately? What gives? We're not talking about some upstart band from the Ukraine here, we're talking about a band that has spearheaded metal for over 2 decades!!!

We can have 300 posts about Into Eternity and yet have someone vote "I'm not familiar with THe Pretty Maids"? C'mon, for christ's sake. Search the internet once in a while! If you feel like voting, check out something by the band and give a thumbs up or thumbs down at least!

IMO,I'd rather have these guys then VS,
Only have 2 of their CDs,Future World(love the guitar lick in the title track) and Lethal Heros
But Like VS,they kinda peaked in the late 80's early 90's,when they were just a cult band and kinda faded before the advent of the internet(and Bands like Blind Guardian,Conception,Angra became the new"pretty girls" on the block as they say)
I say hell yeah,bring them
but unfortunately,having them any higher than a 2 slot would probably destroy the flow of the show
IMO<they might be a better option for the pre show,as they would get a longer set