Would you like to see PRETTY MAIDS at ProgPowerVIII

Would you like to see Pretty Maids at ProgPower VIII

• YES!!!! Bring them on

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • NO, i don't like their music.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I have never heard of them.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I have heard of them, but don't know their music.

Votes: 17 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really really like The Pretty Maids but for some reason i doubt most of the Progpower crowd would dig them. Maybe a bit "too" melodic for em?

Does anyone else think it's weird that two bands that had Tommy Hansen as producer released singles called "Future World" in the same year? :loco:

Finding Pretty Maids fans is as hard as finding other people who have read The DArk Tower. They're a cult band, a big one but still a cult band. And they're fucking awesome.

Pretty Maids - I know the name, but can't recall any of their songs at the moment... :oops:

The Dark Tower - If you are talking about the Stephen King series, I got into it after the third book...waited not so patiently for each of the remaining 4 books to be published...and I am *still* hacked off about the ending. :mad:

Does anyone else think it's weird that two bands that had Tommy Hansen as producer released singles called "Future World" in the same year? :loco:

Hehehe, yeah ... except that Tommy wasn't the one producing "Future World" album for Pretty Maids. But besides that ... ;-)

Oh, but Tommy actually had a chance to mix/master PM's "Future World" later on when Manticora did their cover of it for the Japanese version of their "Hyperion" disc.

c.

That would be cool. I had heard of them, but never heard them till I met my gf, who had a bunch of the albums. I really liked Future World a lot, so have since bought others.

I have to pose this question:

How can a band that's been active for about 14 years and has received video play on MTV in the past be "unfamiliar" to the people on this board? Now I know there are a million bands out there to hear, but we're talking about 20+ years, 15+ albums, headliner status all over Europe and yet people don't know enough about them to cast a vote appropriately? What gives? We're not talking about some upstart band from the Ukraine here, we're talking about a band that has spearheaded metal for over 2 decades!!!

We can have 300 posts about Into Eternity and yet have someone vote "I'm not familiar with THe Pretty Maids"? C'mon, for christ's sake. Search the internet once in a while! If you feel like voting, check out something by the band and give a thumbs up or thumbs down at least!

Woosta, I'm one of those people that has heard of the band, but just honestly haven't heard their music. Since this thread, I've been thinking about buying Lethal Heroes, because my local CD store has it in stock. Would that be a good place to start or would you suggest another disc over that one?

thanks,
Brian

Well, edgeofthorns, I think "Lethal Heroes" is their biggest in terms of melodic songs. It is a good melodic highlight from their "older product" since right after this one, they ditched the heavy keyboard sound (a great keyboard sound, though) and lost about 3 members in favor of straight ahead power rock kind of stuff with a four-piece.

This is certainly a good place to start (check out youtube for their video from this cd for Savage Heart) but I'd really recommend 1992's "Sin Decade" or 2006's "Wake Up To The Real World" for the "newer product". If you do access youtube, you'll also have a chance to see/hear some of their "ballady" stuff which I think is the band's least interesting output.