Would you trust this site?

It's pirated stuff. Avoid.
If this would be a real Russian company, illegal downloads could be prevented. But I suspect that this company is actually based in Ukraine, where the problem won't go away. Label can't take legal action in Ukraine, because their copyright law doesn't mention mp3 as a format. Mp3 piracy = no crime. :bah:

MadeInNewJersey said:
how do you sample bands before buying them?

From the original band site, or by other clips.

Nothing wrong with tester mp3's, but the wholesale freeloading of MP3s makes me sick to the stomach.

Short Answer: these MP3 sites in Russia rip off the music and resell it due to the lack of copyright protection (or enforcement thereof) in Russia - therefore you might be able to claim utter gnorance if your PC gets inspected, but the artist won't be receiving and cash.

:wave:

Carcassian said:
Short Answer: these MP3 sites in Russia rip off the music and resell it due to the lack of copyright protection (or enforcement thereof) in Russia - therefore you might be able to claim utter gnorance if your PC gets inspected, but the artist won't be receiving and cash.

Actually our label "managed" to clear some piracy sites in Russian Federation when we licensed our titles to Russian labels. There's no easy solutions as ex-CIS states has some more pressing issues to deal with...

jpmuikku said:
Actually our label "managed" to clear some piracy sites in Russian Federation when we licensed our titles to Russian labels. There's no easy solutions as ex-CIS states has some more pressing issues to deal with...

Yeah, sorry, that's what I was alluding to when I discussed the "enforcement thereof".

I reckon with crime as it is in the Russian states, someone profiting off .mp3 download sites is pretty much on the bottom of their list.