Wouldn't it be cool?

Frankieebotz

Apr 21, 2005
With all these bands getting back together, how sweet would a Pantera tour with Zakk Wylde on lead guitar be? :headbang:

DiscipleOfThePit said:
It'd be a bit of a travesty IMO.

I don't think Zakk would make a particularly good job of playing Dime's leads and I doubt Vinnie would want to be anywhere near Phil.
What are they doing now???? Money talks!!!!

DiscipleOfThePit said:
Well, Pantera have atleast two Platinum albums and I'm sure Zakk has made a fair bit being Ozzy's guitarist for so long.
What I meant was, what is Vinny, Phil and Rex really doing now? Is Damage Plan gonna go on without Dime? I don't really recall what band Rex is in now.As far as Phil, I saw Superjoint last year on Ozzfest and I was not impressed at all. If Pantera were ever to do a reunion tour of any kind, I think it should be Zakk. IMO. Who else would be better?

Frankieebotz said:
What I meant was, what is Vinny, Phil and Rex really doing now? Is Damage Plan gonna go on without Dime? I don't really recall what band Rex is in now.As far as Phil, I saw Superjoint last year on Ozzfest and I was not impressed at all. If Pantera were ever to do a reunion tour of any kind, I think it should be Zakk. IMO. Who else would be better?

I think Rex is doing some producing. As for Damageplan, Pat Lachman has moved on and has formed a new project. I do think Vinnie and Zakk should get something going, but Pantera died with Dime. I can't imagine Vinnie knows what he's going to do next. Play without his brother? I feel for the guy. Imagine one half of the VH brothers...(of course, Edward is a shadow of his former himself, but that's for another day...)

i would love to see a dime day festival tribute show on anniversary of his death but there aint no way pantera can be without dime,as if vinnie would want to replace his brother...,i doubt vinnie will be picking up the sticks much anyway,i am just looking forward to rebel meets rebel,the next damageplan album and hopefully a couple more home videos from pantera and damageplan,i was reading on damageplan board that vinnie is possibly branching out into vegas with the clubhouse too.

Vinnie could hook up with Zakk sometimes but I doubt they´d call it Pantera, I think they´re no sellouts.