Writing "Under the Influence"

When I try to play the drums intoxicated I drop my drumsticks, and when I play stoned I get lazy and go get munchies.

Then again I've written some trippy lyrics on harder drugs, most of it makes no sense, stuff like: "wheelbarrow spirals abound in the spiritual tree house"

I can create some really odd riffs when I'm stoned, but I can only compose when I'm straight...

So I may get an idea or set of progressions, but won't fit them together, to where I'm satisfied until I'm sober....

Originally posted by Timmeth
People who rely on drugs to make music aren't really talented...

That's kind of a bold statement with, I'm assuming, no experience behind it to to back it. I'm not promoting drug use, I'm just saying that you sound like a commercial for D.A.R.E. Nobody smokes some pot and suddenly becomes a great guitarist, therefore nobody can "rely" on drugs to make music, except maybe for stoner bands that eat shit anyways, like Phish. Loosen up a little.

Originally posted by JesterRace

That's kind of a bold statement with, I'm assuming, no experience behind it to to back it. I'm not promoting drug use, I'm just saying that you sound like a commercial for D.A.R.E. Nobody smokes some pot and suddenly becomes a great guitarist, therefore nobody can "rely" on drugs to make music, except maybe for stoner bands that eat shit anyways, like Phish. Loosen up a little.

I agree with that Phish statement...

I was simply stating that someone does not need drugs to make good music. You could be straight and have your creative juices flowing, like me.

If I do sound like a commercial for "D.A.R.E." so be it. I am against the use of drugs.

I think you're looking in the wrong direction when you say "Nobody smokes some pot and then suddenly becomes a great guitar player". What I meant was you don't need to do that because drugs serve no purpose. Why do them...?

Originally posted by JesterRace

But you're right on every other account...