Wrong band with same name on Last.fm

JasinElric

Straf Drah Studio
Apr 25, 2012
My band just released an EP but it's being confused with another band with the same name on last.fm. That site has no way of contacting them about this issue. It's kind of my fault for not seeing if the band name was taken already, but this is just not cool.

This is my band
http://fromtheshadowsofficial.bandcamp.com

This is their band:
http://www.last.fm/music/From+the+Shadows

You can see my band's tracks are uploaded to their page. I have no idea how to resolve this. Any ideas?

Is it anything I should be concerning myself with? I don't know how popular or important that site is. Also I think that other band isn't around anymore, so asking them about it wont really work.

Last.fm does not support same name bands, just add your band to the bio, a lot of bands have it, in this format:

1. XXY is a xxymetal band from xxy country, blablabla

2. XXY is also a deathelectrosynth pop band from the Faroe Islands, blablabla

3. XXY is also a folk duo from buttfuckistan.

There are no less than 4 bands called Sleepwalkers on there :lol: I'm not concerned in the slightest.

There are no less than 4 bands called Sleepwalkers on there :lol: I'm not concerned in the slightest.

Haha I play music on my phone with the last.fm app instead of the stock music app, so when browsing artists it shows the main last.fm pic of every artist, and for Sleepwalkers (your EP) it shows me a pic of some random dudes who are obviously not you haha.

Last.fm does not support same name bands, just add your band to the bio, a lot of bands have it, in this format:

I'll give that a go, thanks! Too bad both of our bands play melodic death lol.

Haha I play music on my phone with the last.fm app instead of the stock music app, so when browsing artists it shows the main last.fm pic of every artist, and for Sleepwalkers (your EP) it shows me a pic of some random dudes who are obviously not you haha.

I just looked on there and we are the first and most descriptive entry. :lol::headbang: I didn't even type that in there.

Any idea how I'd deal with this issue on iTunes, Spotify and Wimp? lol

I now understand why bands like "i wrestled a bear once" names themselves stupid shit. This is such a headache.

Any idea how I'd deal with this issue on iTunes, Spotify and Wimp? lol

I now understand why bands like "i wrestled a bear once" names themselves stupid shit. This is such a headache.

Not sure about iTunes, I think they do separate bands per country (legally, there can only be one band per country with the same name), but Spotify has the same issue as last.fm, it's a pain cause if you search for Ghost, Anathema or The Gathering for example, you get weird rap albums among the bands' actual albums haha

I know it sounds retarded but Last.fm has operated on the format that every band of the same name goes together for so long, that they can't even fix it anymore. Their site states that it would be too large of an undertaking to re-format and re-catalog all the bands. So instead they just operate a badly designed site that's of virtually no use to any emerging band if a more popular one already exists. I guess people can rename themselves but no one is going to do that just to get a unique entry on Last.fm that may soon be doubled up again.

I kind of find Last.fm to be a really pointless site these days, I don't see the appeal.