Band Name Suggestions (A HC band with the same band name as mine)

LeSedna

Mat or Mateo
Jan 20, 2008
Montpellier, France
So there is a straight edge HxC band which popped out of the blue a year ago with the same band name as my project (Inherit : https://www.facebook.com/InheritHC)

They also took the "inherit" bandcamp slot, etc.

What should I do ? Keep "Inherit" and add "metal" in the URLs ? If it were a pop band I wouldn't care, but a crossover metal/HC band is trickier even though the listeners are probably not gonna be the same at all.

Also, the first use of the term in my files was from 3 or 4 years ago, but nothing released, while in contrary they have been pretty quick and are already touring etc, so they have more concrete things happening with their name.

Opinion ?

At the same time, since I haven't done anything concrete with the name, not even lyrics or any concept (it really is just that I liked the word), I could maybe change it right away ?

Aha true... I have absolutely no idea, I liked Inherit because I liked both the name in in+something (In Flames, In Absentia, InDrama) and the meaning of heritage/inheritance.

Arf, so let's change this thread into another band-name brainstorming ? If I elect a name from here, the "winner" would win the album when it's out, + a sweet kiss if ever we meet one day.

My music is complicated without being too technical or tiring (think Between the Buried and Me with no math-technical tiring riffing, and the play between metal riffing and inspiration from other genders of music or instruments), the overall sound is sort of normal modern thrash 5150-ish riffing (chugga, no djent, that's what I mean) with some jazzish clean chords some times to make things breathe, a few bass upfront moments, rarely basic drum patterns (huge BTBAM influence on this one), and all songs have their epic moment with a rise of emotive chords from low to wall of sound, there is a song during which there is 3mn of repetitive and sweet ambiance ala townsend (when he doesn't blast), there are some pure headbang riffing here and there... So basically it's progressive modern metal, but not a Dream Theater way, more like a "I don't give a fuck about the fact I implemented a flute solo over a deep and dark doom breakdown in song no3" (because I didn't).

I'm not after a complicated name ala current trend, but I'm open.

I think I should post an example even though it's impossible to sum the album up in a single example ! I'm currently learning it on guitar (after recording it, yeah... !) so I might do some pré-prod teaser videos anyway

^ For sure !

While I was playing guitar (need training, haven't really played in 2 years at least! and I can see it...) I recorded myself from the beginning to the end, I'm currently exporting a short extract

lol, that cracked me up and made me think of this:
2793604_700b.jpg

Just a quick extract with the shitty built in webcam, and raw as fuck and sloppy "i'm learning the riffs and I haven't played in two years" mistakes :

Oh and no I'm not left handed, I forgot to remove the mirror settings with the webcam !

Last edited by a moderator: