Help me come up with a name for my death metal band

Hamish666

needs to post more
Apr 9, 2009
Scotland
We'll i recently formed a death metal band and am having a hard time coming up with a name. everything seems to be done before and there are a million "gore-" "necro-" prefixes running around. Lyric-wise i don't want to be tied to anything (like something gore or anti-christian or whatever).

So ye any suggestions? I quite like "Antithesis" or "Entwined by Vengance" but really am all out of ideas

Cheers anyway

Entwined by Vengeance is out, since I know and love the Vital Remains song of the same name to encourage someone using it for their band :D How bout "Forced Haggis Consumption"? That's pretty brutal and evil right there IMO! :lol:

Oh man, there was a thread a few months back where someone asked something similar, and someone posted a link to the Death Metal Band Name Generator or something, and the things it came up with were truly some of the funniest things I've ever read, someone has to find that thread :worship:

The Brutal Spanking Parade of Young China Pron
Leech Fart
Anonymous Temper
Ouch, Not Right There
Leave Britney Alone
I didn't mean it, Come Back
And Finally . . .
You Go Girl!
:headbang:

I could have guessed I wouldn't get a serious answer here :p

I'm sorry to tell you, but you won't get a serious answer ANYWHERE, it's completely up to you and your bandmates. Why would someone give you an awesome band name for free so you can take all the credit, and not use it for their own projects for example? Many people like to help, but no one ever gives you a really great name in threads such as this.

And personally, I think the band name is ultimately something that YOU should come up with yourself or your band. You shouldn't use a title snatched from Vital Remains or Origin. People will see it's not invented by you anyway, and it'll just end up being lame.

Coming up with a name for your band is, in my experience, the hardest thing ever, and I'm still not sure if I'm happy with the name my band has. Okay, no one else has it, but it's kind of cheezy in a way and it doesn't really portrait our music in a lot of ways. I have a band name in my mind that I'm DYING to be able to use, but it's only suitable for a rock band. No one else is using it, and I think it's clever. Fuck, I need to start a rock band.

I hope all the best in coming up with a name, it's hard, but once you guys find something that has that snap to it, isn't lame and portraits you guys, you're set.