When to capitalize "the" in a band name

Title case (or whatever it's called) is pretty much every word capitalized EXCEPT common little words like "the", "of", "for", etc.

"Articles and coordinating conjunctions are not capitalized, while sources disagree on the capitalization of prepositions. [9] Traditionally, prepositions are not capitalized in the title of a book, movie, or play, according to the Chicago Manual of Style. [10]"

I guess we're all fucked though.

The Return Of The Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes

versus

The Return of the Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Title case (or whatever it's called) is pretty much every word capitalized EXCEPT common little words like "the", "of", "for", etc.

"Articles and coordinating conjunctions are not capitalized, while sources disagree on the capitalization of prepositions. [9] Traditionally, prepositions are not capitalized in the title of a book, movie, or play, according to the Chicago Manual of Style. [10]"

I guess we're all fucked though.

The Return Of The Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes

versus

The Return of the Rise of the Planet of the Apes

See, I think the first one just looks too jumbled with every word being capitalized.

I'd put lowercase.

System of a Down: SoaD

Since the Fire: StF
vs.
Since the Fire: STF

I think StF looks cooler, but that's just me.

I always remembered in elementary/grammar/primary (whichever you prefer) school you learned that articles are not capitalized. My bands name is Shades of Devastation, and we have always spelled the "of" with the lowercase because its grammatically correct.

I dunno the 'o' looks pretty uppercase in your sig though....

Fancy graphic design is an exception imo where its not about the grammar, but looking cool. When we refer to the band its always a lowercase o except for on the facebook because when the page was made it made it capitalized which is fucking retarded.

Fancy graphic design is an exception imo where its not about the grammar, but looking cool. When we refer to the band its always a lowercase o except for on the facebook because when the page was made it made it capitalized which is fucking retarded.

:lol: yeah I was just giving you a little shit.... It's actually really common for bands to get crazy with caps in their graphic design. A lot of Lamb of God logos are all lowercase, for example, but whenever you see the name in print it's always Lamb of God.