WTB: SSL-style 2-bus Compressor

What people refer to when talking ssl comp is:
-ssl quad comp you can find on 4000E/G/G+, or J/XL/Duality superanalog version
-ssl grey face or xlogic
-Smart C1/C2
-all the clone

@Ermin: maybe ask Christian for a quick shootout of is Prime (he have the older version, the 2unit one), that will gave you a good representation about the build/sonic consistency Mika obtain with his unit. And maybe ask Mika for something?
He is really great (answer mail for help during holiday for example).

I'd love to hit Mika up but the reality is that the cost for a new Prime is out of my range. $1,000 EUR is a heck of a lot in AUD for a clone (can build 2 here for that money!). The reason I was interested in yours was because it was half price.

I'd love to hit Mika up but the reality is that the cost for a new Prime is out of my range. $1,000 EUR is a heck of a lot in AUD for a clone (can build 2 here for that money!). The reason I was interested in yours was because it was half price.

I understand;)
If I was you I will go with a ssl xlogic for clean or a smart C1 (really close to the quad).

You could also check out the IGS s-type 500 if you have some slots available. I bought it from Alter Project for 400€ on a special offer but I think they are under 600€ now, including VAT. They have a very good customer service.

I already made the shootout with your mix so I can post it tomorrow or so if you're interested in hearing it against yours and some plugins, too. The good thing is that it has a Dual mono option, too. C2 style. I like that feature.

HI,
Do You know these guys ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rack-Mount-...-with-Power-Supply-SSL-inspired-/350784881097

I think it'a a serious option to consider.

DBX 160SL is an option to consider but not a "clone" of a SSL G384 or XLOGIC/SuperAnalog.
It depends If you want a clone/copy or in a "sort of style". In this case stereo comp from Klark Teknic should be considered too (don't know the name of this comp but should be found easily and I doubt it cost more, today, than 1/4 of the "street price" years ago.)

I have a Prime 4000E (2u version) I'd consider selling but dunno bout what the shipping costs to the other side of the world from the UK would be like.

Great, though unfortunately 650€ with shipping to Australia ends up not being very cost effective (can make two GSSLs for the money). If you find yourself dropping the price down to 500€, as Mikaël-ange did with the Prime he recently sold, please let me know!