WTF kind of music is this?

Those vocals make me want to straight ralph on the keyboard. I see this music has borrowed squeaks from metalcore/deathcore or vice versa. I can't say that I can get into the macabre art work. I figure it's just some campy shit stoner metal heads are into though and not to be taken serious.

Either way, that kind of morbid shit shouldn't even be entertained in 2011.

Those vocals are sort of par for the course. I am nowhere near an educated voice on the genre, but I'd rather hear a track like this.

Mainly due to being in awe of the drumming.

And then they went on to do some brutal tech death, to great effect:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgTrKX50AXk&feature=related[/ame]

Shit, the end of that song is fucking fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Origin and Cephalotripsy arent really that similar.

Better slam bands:

I thought Origin was widely accepted as being a technical death metal band.....whatever I guess.

diarrhea metal. Reminds me of when you have diarrhea and have to puke at the sametime.

I'm on board the slam death/ Cephalotripsy sucks band wagon. If this is what slam death is, then i don't like it. It's manly the unimaginative vocals. There's nothing there. I kind of like the continuous dums though.

Also, I listened to some modern grind core, it was pure shit. Who can seriously call that music?

Slam death is the nu-metal of extreme metal, imo. Low brow, trendy, and comically macho. However, just like with nu-metal, there are a few acts that actually produce some decent music. Guttural Secrete, Cerebral Effusion, and of course Devourment come to mind. The song the op posted is horrendous though. And Origin is really fucking boring if you ask me. I prefer Suffocation, early Nile, Defeated Sanity, and Hour Of Penance for brutal death. I also suppose you could throw some of Decapitated's stuff and Decrepit Birth in with that genre if you wanted.

Cephalic Impurity and Defeated Sanity are the brutal death standouts for me.

And of course Wormed.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsiyB_XSF7E&feature=related[/ame]