WTF ??!!

Anthrax_Mosher

True Fan
Feb 5, 2005
California USA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judas_Priest

:OMG: Farewell Epitaph World Tour

Judas Priest announced on December 7, 2010, that their Epitaph World Tour would be the band's farewell tour. It should run up until 2012.[23] In a January 2011 interview, Rob Halford said about the band's impending retirement that:

"I think it's time, you know. We're not the first band to say farewell, it's just the way everyone comes to at some point and we're gonna say a few more things early next year, so I think the main thing that we just want to ask everybody to consider is don't be sad about this, start celebrating and rejoicing over all the great things we've done in Judas Priest."

On January 27, 2011, it was announced that Judas Priest was in the process of writing new material; the band also clarified their plans for the future, saying that "...this is by no means the end of the band. In fact, we are presently writing new material, but we do intend this to be the last major world tour."

Downing's Retirement

On April 20, 2011, it was announced that K. K. Downing had retired from the band and would not complete the Epitaph World Tour. Downing cited differences with the band and management and a breakdown in their relationship. Richie Faulkner, former guitarist for Lauren Harris's band, has been announced as his replacement for their upcoming Epitaph World Tour.

Sad to see the end of the mighty Priest especially with KK falling out with them right at the end after all this time.

Only fitting he is there on the final farewell tour. Hopefully things can be restored before it all ends.

But Rob was right - lets celebrate the band and be grateful at their contribution to Metal providing us with some of the best songs and albums in the genre.

It only means they want more people to attend their shows that's why they called it "farewell" tour. KISS anyone?

WOW!.jpg

Priest kicks ass. I just prefere the Stained Class / Sad wings era to the newer stuff.

I agree 100 percent. I think Judas Priest has served as one of the innovators of heavy metal music. That being said I think their career as been full of ups and downs. After the painkiller album they just never really did anything that was great. I actually liked the one they did Jugulator with Ripper Owens on it better than the Halford stuff after it.

But Judas Priest will always be known as one of the innovators of metal as we know it today. So I have a ton of respect for them, I just don't really care that they won't be touring any more because I really don't care to see them again. Rob Halford can barely even move on the stage. It's just the same thing over and over. The motorcycle thing, leather outfits. and they all look very old and tired. I think it's time.

I would still enjoy hearing a few more Halford or Fight albums

i had a bad experience with judas priest,there tour here a few years back was fucking terrible,they were 1 of my fave bands early on and was such a letdown,from changing the support band max and igors new band to gettting some club rock band was a mistake and just pissed the whole crowd off,priest werent to much better,i expected alot more from the legends that they are/were.