Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nothin' To Fuck Wit

Mort Divine

Shrine Maiden of the In-Crowd
Oct 28, 2005
Fargo, ND
Been listening to a lot of Wu-Tang Clan lately, specifically 36 Chambers. So fucking good. Fantastic lyrics from all the different personalities and a great variety of rap styles in general from all the guys. Easily among the best rap records of all time. I'm fairly certain that I'm liking this more now that I've ever even liked Atmosphere's God Loves Ugly.

Seriously, even if you're not into rap you do need to hear at least this album. A classic in all meanings of the world.

headbang.gif

36 Chambers and most of the first round of solo albums were really good (especially Liquid Swords and Only Built 4 Cuban Linx). Anything after that, not so much.

Been listening to a lot of Wu-Tang Clan lately, specifically 36 Chambers. So fucking good. Fantastic lyrics from all the different personalities and a great variety of rap styles in general from all the guys. Easily among the best rap records of all time. I'm fairly certain that I'm liking this more now that I've ever even liked Atmosphere's God Loves Ugly.

Seriously, even if you're not into rap you do need to hear at least this album. A classic in all meanings of the world.

This album is one of the classic Rap albums, along with albums such as Nas - Illmatic, Mob Deep - The Infamous etc...

Probably Wu-Tang's best album. Lyrics and storytelling is great, music is great. If you ARE into rap this album is a must have.

They haven't been very consistent, with only a couple of notable albums but too few and far between.

This album is one of the classic Rap albums, along with albums such as Nas - Illmatic, Mob Deep - The Infamous etc...

Probably Wu-Tang's best album. Lyrics and storytelling is great, music is great. If you ARE into rap this album is a must have.

They haven't been very consistent, with only a couple of notable albums but too few and far between.

meh, I wouldn't call Nas a classic...then again I don't listen to much rap, and the stuff I mainly listen to is underground.

Wu-Tang Forever is just really inconsistent. It has some awesome stuff onthere but there is so much filler as well. If they had put all of the good songs on one disc and removed some of those shitty skit tracks (easily the worst trait in hiphop music in general) it could have been another classic. Instead it was at best an okay album.

The only Wu-Tang member still making music that is actually good is Ghostface. He has by had by far the best run of solo albums. I think Raekwon is making a followup to Only Built 4 Cuban Linx but given the miserable Wu-Tang output over the last decade I'm not holding my breath for that one.

And yes, Illmatic by Nas is easily a hiphop classic as well. That was before he started to be all pretentious and stupid.