WWE JUDGEMENT DAY (LIVE)

<lots of reminiscing>

Dammit, would you all just stop with this? You're going to want to make me want to start watching again, and I don't have time with all the episodes of Lost, Doctor Who and Battlestar Galactica to catch up on. Not to mention movies to watch and books to read! And since wrestling is on like, what, 4 nights per week now, I don't want to get sucked in again. Cease and desist! :loco:

Ken

@JenniferLynn:

Indeed, that Ladder Match was fantastic (it was actually far from the first, some independent promotions and even the WWE had a few lower profile ladder matches well before Wrestlemania X, but in terms of being the first widely pushed ladder match on national TV? That it was, and so many viewed HBK and Razor as the innovators because of it). I'll still take HBK/Angle at WM 21 over that one, but many would certainly agree with you.

About Jericho - yeah, no one on that roster deserves a chance to carry the company by running with the title for awhile more than he does. I can't imagine the business suffering any more than it did when Orton was carrying the strap for six months. At least the fans can actually connect with Jericho. I'm fine with HHH holding the strap I gues, but come on, been there, done that. He doesn't need the push the way Jericho does.

That match with Gracie was indeed memorable. Ironically, I caught up a bit with what the UFC was doing at the time based on what Shamrock and Severn were able to do in WWE at the time. I haven't really followed it lately, though I hear Brock Lesnar should improve his way to becoming a force and also that Bobby Lashley may be debuting as well. I might give it a look or two in the future, but I've always preferred the psychology that goes into the "entertainment" aspects of the professional wrestling business. I guess you could call it a "guilty" pleasure, but it's also an art form that's very easily overlooked.

Jason

FOr those of you who want to reminisce:

Bruno vs Larry Zbyzsko with Vince McMahon calling it:

Some old AWA: Kamala vs The Great Kabuki:

ANd, I needed to find one with the legendary Gordon Solie calling the match

This is from the ORIGINAL Eddie Graham-run Championship Wrestling from Florida:

Don Muraco gets unmasked!

ENJOY!

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL - how come?
Because then I'll talk and talk and talk, and I just don't have time for that :lol:

Plus, this:
Agreed 100% - what a waste of an incredible talent. Creative has practically destroyed what should have been an absolutely HUGE return to the business. Fantastic mic skills, great performer, connects with the crowd, what's not to love? His best day in the WWE was his initial debut when he interrupted The Rock in August of 1999 - the fans were absolutely electric. It looked like he was going to get a top push right away but instead was shoved right down to mid-card status shortly afterwards.

The man has paid his dues and deserves a true run with the title.

On Facebook there is a really popular application called WRESTLER. I'm actually a moderator and work with the developer on new ideas. It's been a huge part of my life (sounds lame, I know) for almost a year now and I love it! I'm involved in an e-fed that works alongside the app, I have a great stable full of awesome fighters, my avatar looks cool and has a great bio, my stats suck and I'm always complaining about it :p, and I get to simulate beating the snot out of my friends and talk trash to them at the same time. So great! :lol: Anyone else on the app by chance? OrbWeaver?

And yeah, Jericho has been a punching bag for the WWE/ Vince... I like Jericho and he's been getting a raw deal from them for awhile now...
[/FONT]

Agreed 100% - what a waste of an incredible talent. Creative has practically destroyed what should have been an absolutely HUGE return to the business. Fantastic mic skills, great performer, connects with the crowd, what's not to love? His best day in the WWE was his initial debut when he interrupted The Rock in August of 1999 - the fans were absolutely electric. It looked like he was going to get a top push right away but instead was shoved right down to mid-card status shortly afterwards.

Guys;

Chris Jericho could be a jobber forever. The one thing that NOBODY can take away from him, NOR has ANYONE duplicated, is the fact that he was Pro Wrestlings FIRST UNDISPUTED WORLD CHAMPION. Also, the WWE has a hectic political scene. There may be some grudges held because Y2J left on his own accord for other opportunities while he was still a major player. Kinda like Brock Lesnar, only not as serious. Jericho's band blew up. And he did some TV stints, like being one-and-done on "Celebrity Duets". So, I think the boys in Stamford believe Y2J is not there because he wants to be, but because he needs to be.